Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have lost my running and dash lights(all warning lights still work), while still having headlights, brights, hazards, turn signals, reverse lights, and break lights, in my 1999 Powerstroke. When I tried replacing the fuse (#8 under hood) it pops immediately when I turn the knob. I've checked the rear wiring for any cracks or any place they could be grounding out, nothing.... I then tried a new switch, still pops the fuse. I disconnected all lights on the circuit and still pops. Got another new switch, still pops. I have followed the Workshop Manual steps and still no progress. At the switch it should not be reading more than 10 volts and it reads at 12.5ish. the following step is to repair circuit 14. I have no idea where circuit 14 goes throughout the truck besides obvious places (to front and rear lights and dash lights). Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Dillion

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
What year is it?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have figured it out, I unplugged my instrument cluster and the fuse did not pop, and I have running lights again! But now I'm stumped again... I don't really know how to diagnose my cluster or where to even start at trying to fix it. I'm think jsut getting a new gauge cluster but they are not easy to come by and are pretty pricy so I want to try to fix it first. Any ideas would be great!

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
I wouldn't even attempt it. Just bite the bullet and contact R T Grim and Co. Ship it off with next day delivery and it will come back next day delivery but overall about a week.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't even attempt it. Just bite the bullet and contact R T Grim and Co. Ship it off with next day delivery and it will come back next day delivery but overall about a week.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts