Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, My new 2017 Super duty was on its way home from getting picked up from another dealership so i could take delivery of it and it broke down on the way home. It turns out the wire harness going to the transmission and transfer case wrapped around the drive shaft and completely shut the vehicle down. Any one else have this happen???

Attachments

·
Native Texan
9,110 Posts
Have not seen that one before. must not have been routed properly to do that.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet. So @heavydoc can be happy that it finally did.? And @Turd-250 "WILL" be blamed for. If My internet will stay up for @heavydoc to see my pics. And @ArmyFord6.0 will still be eatting quinoa wishing it was bacon.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im a sales manager at a Ford Dealership and in over 10 years, its the first time ive ever heard of this, and of course, it has to be mine. But oh well, at least it will be fixed

·
Registered
3 Posts
So, My new 2017 Super duty was on its way home from getting picked up from another dealership so i could take delivery of it and it broke down on the way home. It turns out the wire harness going to the transmission and transfer case wrapped around the drive shaft and completely shut the vehicle down. Any one else have this happen???
This same thing just happened to my 2019 Ford F-250. Just driving down the highway when suddenly heard a loud banging noise coming from the front left side of the truck. Lots of warning lights displayed in the dash. Immediately pulled over to the side of the road and saw coolant leaking out of the vehicle and the wiring harness to transfer case was wrapped around the front axle and shredded. It had been ripped out at both ends and knocked a coolant hose off and dented up the fuel cooler. Thanks Ford!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had this happen today with my 2019 f350. They are trying to say it's
my fault.
Im a sales manager at a Ford Dealership and in over 10 years, its the first time ive ever heard of this, and of course, it has to be mine. But oh well, at least it will be fixed
happened to my 2019 f350 today. they act like i did

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had this happen today with my 2019 f350. They are trying to say it's
my fault.

happened to my 2019 f350 today. they act like i did
Of course they are blaming you! That is what they do. How could it be Ford's fault? It's not as if they have ever had issues with their vehicles before. Oh wait a minute, they have a long history of recalls on all of their vehicles. Yet they continue to treat the customer like a big inconvenience rather than take ownership of their failures!

Bickford Ford of Snohomish where I purchased my new truck, may be the worst dealership in the country! The owner/manager of the dealership is a complete moron. He was clueless to the fact that Ford had just recalled the 2020 Ford Explorer for a wiring harness issue. And clueless to the fact that Ford recalled 160K Focus and Escape models in 2014 for a wiring issues! Not to mention that their service department was inept and their career parts guy a complete idiot.

I get a recall notice from Ford about every other month for my 2019 Ford F250. Here is Recall Notice 19S52/NHTSA Recall 19V-880 that I received in January of 2020. "If your vehicle is involved in a crash, deployment of the front seatbelt pretensioners may cause a fire inside the driver or passenger side B-pillar trim in the vehicle passenger compartment"! What!! Are you kidding me. And all these documented wiring harness failures on your truck, my truck, and the others online, are not Ford's fault? Of course not!

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
Then go buy a Chevy and get on with your life. Oh wait they have recalls too.

Seriously, why are you complaining about hating the truck? Trade it in and stfu already.

·
Project Shamu
3,155 Posts
Thanks for the insightful words (y)

Edit: I'm sorry who are you again? Lol :ROFLMAO:

·
Native Texan
9,110 Posts
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Sounds like little danny boy got his panties in a bunch again. Instead of being so bitter all the time, maybe you and your boyfriend should get rid of that turd of a truck you have and step up to a cute ford focus instead of trolling the forums all the time. #rearnakedchoke. And one more thing, GFY.
Wow maybe u should get ur panties changed by ur mommy and grow a pair and go join a dodge forum were u can live with ur own kind. Only one seems to be whining here is u and if u cant handle it then my guess is u wont be missed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Wow maybe u should get ur panties changed by ur mommy and grow a pair and go join a dodge forum were u can live with ur own kind. Only one seems to be whining here is u and if u cant handle it then my guess is u wont be missed.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Don't wish him on the dodge guys, they have their own problems. Have a heart man.

He's gotta be young, at least immature, insulting with a #and what not, likely has never built anything, since his first reflex was to insult a pickup, and well, his comment about the " boyfriend" could lead one too believe he's on here looking for a date. The fact that he joined to make that post, makes it even more likely.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,new here...had same thing happen to me today,just grabbed a 2019 f450,shes pretty and smooth,went 2.5hr to pick it up...hour into trip back home i heard a pop and trans was grinding bad,parked immediately on side of road,antifreeze everywhere and wire harness ripped and around driveshaft like a snake around a tree....anyone had any luck with warantee,or what has happened with it? See the issue but no answers,towed mine to a ford dealer near by,kind of curious

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get yours covered under warranty? They are trying to tell us that fishing line caused ours to do the same thing??? And they only sent a picture of the fishing line sitting on his desk... probably conveniently sits in his desk drawer for problems like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get yours covered under warranty? They are trying to tell us that fishing line caused ours to do the same thing??? And they only sent a picture of the fishing line sitting on his desk... probably conveniently sits in his desk drawer for problems like this.
FYI— our truck is a 2019 F350 long bed which has been pampered, stored indoors and never been off road with only 18K miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Happened to me on 2018 250 king ranch 4×4.
Also fuel tank sucked in $2800.00 repair. They say that it's OK to open fuel cap and hear pressure release. It's not right and happening again 5 months later. Any one else?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts