Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the wipers, radio, windows, have power all time. Could it be the ignition switch. in my 95 f350>?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
It could be that you pulled the key out with the cylinder in the RUN or ACC position. The cylinders have been know to allow that to happen when they get worn. Double-check that the key is actually in the LOCK position; one way to tell is, with the key out, the cylinder shouldn't turn. If it does, you, er, pulled it out prematurely.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol the key pulls out anywhere and then you can turn the chrome part of it all the way around but it doesn't start the truck.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You pulled the key out in the wrong position. Buy a new cylinder and take it and an original key from your truck to a locksmith and they can rekey the cylinder for your original key.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I can set it to the right position and pull it out or turn the key anywhere and it still has power

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
I don't have the book for an OBS but is there a certain relay for all of those? It could be stuck.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
No such relay.

So you can turn the key to OFF, remove it, the cylinder is LOCKED (won't turn without the key), and all the goodies still run? That sounds like a short in the ignition switch itself.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yeah that is a bad ignition switch. Sorry didn't understand before what exactly you were saying. It is a 20 dollar part and a ten minute job.

·
Brian
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I will replace it on rock auto it says there is only 4 different kind of keys for these fords? lol I am going to do locks and switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts