Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So even though I know I don't need one, I have been wanting a winter grill for when I go on ski trips. I don't really like the snap on ones and I have been looking for the Lund pup in ones for a long time and have never found any. My idea is to take a spare grill (already got one off ebay for $30 shipped) and somehow plug some of the holes in it. I was thinking I would use fiberglass or something like that. Maybe just duct tape to see how my idea of plugging the holes works first. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I shove a cardboard box down behind the grille. I use a Crown Royal case from work to match my shift bots B)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The idea was to do something a little different and something that would look nice. Not some cardboard shoved behind it. If that is what I wanted, I wouldn't have bought the other grill.

·
Registered
290 Posts
good luck with your duct tape holding after it gets wet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have an electric fan thats always off unless Im offroading or hauling in the summer time.

No difference in running temps, or warm up times. I cover the grille and the difference is still hardly noticable. This cooling system is just so overbuilt for unloaded driving.

Honestly, the grille cover makes such a slight difference, I wouldnt even invest $30 in the project.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I ordered a winter front from FIA. Looks good and works alright. Warms maybe 30% faster (guessing)...holds the heat a lot better on the down hills. Took 6 weeks for them to ship the damn thing after I ordered it from realtruck. If you order from them today you might receive it by MarchLOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts