Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of doing 35% on the windshield because I do not like to wear sun glasses... I got 5% on the back windows and 15% on the front. Give me some opinons on it or experence's with it. Thanks

·
Administrator
8,169 Posts
opinions??
it is illegal in most states without a doctors note and a state permit.

experience??
it is a bitch to see out of a tinted windshield at night.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Check your local laws first. I wouldn't do it unless you are on your local law enforcements good side.. LOL

I wonder how well it works at night, especially if you turn you dome light on while cruising?? I have never seen a vehicle with a tinted front windshield.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
thought of doing the same thing but i wasnt gonna go with 35%.. was looking more around 50-75%.. and it is illegal for windshield tint...

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
I always thought it would be cool too, it would eliminate even more heat in the truck, and would make a lower profile, but knowing how big of a biatch it is to see out of the back of my truck at night time with 20% tint + the factory when backing up. I don't know if I could handle it out the front windshield. Especially with my headlights, their not ultra bright.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
mikes truck had 50% on the windshield and 5 all the way around on the other windows, IMHO i wouldnt go any darker than 15%, a guy i work with has 30 on his windshield and its very dark

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I am thinking of doing 35% on the windshield because I do not like to wear sun glasses... I got 5% on the back windows and 15% on the front. Give me some opinons on it or experence's with it. Thanks
Exact setup I had on my old truck, I liked it alot. It was fine to see at night looking out of 35%. I want to do it again on this truck. In the 3 years I had it I never once got pulled over for it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
windshield would be hard to do, unless you are really good at it. with he curve of the winshield you would probably get some air bubbles. it would be time consuming. you can put sunglasses on in about 5 seconds compared to the hours or tinting. i'd stick with the sunglasses, they are cheap, fast to take on and off and they make ya look cool when you are rollin coal. LOL

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The cops do not really look for it around here... I have ever only heard of people getting pulled over with the tint strip. Also I will be paying someone to do this job

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Not a good idea in my opinion. Illegal and why impair your ability to see well at night.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
mine is done, 35% on the full windshield, and 20% on the side windows, I can see perfectly fine day and night, its very nice to knock the glare off the oncoming lights at night and knock the inside temp down on the truck, plus it helps reduce fade on the interior:

inside looking out

outside looking in:

wifes Edge:

old suburban:

the suburban sucked at night, it had 5% on the front two windows, and 20% over the factory tint on alll the back windows and 35% on the windshield and dark blue leather interior.

yes it was ghetto..LOL
Is it legal, no, have I been pulled over for it, no. I have it on my truck, my wife's Edge, had it on my old suburban and old accord, never had any issues. But if we are talking legality woodducks 5% and 15% probably isn't legal either.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I did 50% on mine and you cant really tell unless the sun is hitting the windshield. It really helped and have never gotten pulled over for it. I dont have a good pic though

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I would go with 50%, IMO. With 35%, you should be okay, but anything less will create a problem with sight.
My friend has 50, that is a waste of money IMO. You can't even tell a difference between 50 and no tint. 35% just cuts the edge out of the light, it is very easy to see out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i had 35% on my old truck and loved it! you can see fine at nite and looks good. i want to do it on my truck now, but we got busted in the car with 35% so i dont want to waste the money.:pullover:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts