Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Like Red Cows
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, over the weekend some time someone in my household used the chopsaw which points straight at my pickup when its parked in the shop. I always make sure and most of my family members make sure to pull it out. But, someone did not and ran it anyway and now i got little metal fragments all over my windshield but it did not stick into my paint or grill thank heavens. Is there anyway to get em out or is my windshield just fuc*ed? Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I think a clay bar would probably take care of this. Steel wool would work, just test an area first. Not all glass is the same, and I've seen even #0000 steel wool scratch up glass pretty badly. Never tried it on a SD.

·
I Like Red Cows
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried some 000 steel wool on my windshield and it didn't work. I did try some panther piss (PB Blaster) and that didn't help either. We used it for something on our feedtruck and it wiped it right out. It's the pickup in my display picture, she's gettin washed and waxed sometime this week since i got prom saturday and I'm gunna try the clay bar but I don't think it'll work because I tried scratching it off with my mothers hard plastic plate scraper thing for dishes and it still doesn't wanna budge. So I think I'm just screwed till I get a new windshield but I just got a pit fixed in it a week ago. This windshields also a 2 years old as well, It was new when I bought the pickup.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
this might sound dumb but did you try to use very hot soapy water?? i had down the same thing before and i just soaked the hell out of it with hot soapy water and did that a couple of times and it washed right off!

·
Registered
11 Posts
if its pitted good its not gonna matter because the hot sparks actually melt the glass. sure you may be able to remove the slivers of metal but the pit is not gonna go anywhere. did the same thing to my camaro a couple years ago and asked the glass guys that come to the bodyshop i work at if anything could be done and they said yea, replace it lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts