Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 f350 xlt and was wondering if a 01 7.3 f250 windshield will fit my truck I don't think it will but want to find out. Also I have a turbo I bought the truck as a parts truck it was wrecked and was wondering what I need to do to put the turbo from the 01 on the 96 its currently got a blown turbo

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
No it won't, completely different body styles. The turbo takes a different down pipe and really isn't the best replacement.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think the windshield would fit I have all the down pipes and everything off the 01 the turbo I'm running now is blown

·
College Student
205 Posts
For the turbo, you got to swap the pedestal, turbo, up pipes, and I also want to say the diver side manifold. may or may not have to touch the down pipe.
Not sure if you would be able to reuse the y pipe from the 96. Might have to use the intake spyder and install the intercooler. Doing this with the 01 spyder, you would have to swap to the 01 pendulums.
I mean if you got time and looking for a project, why not. But I would look at it as just a project really...

·
Administrator
8,338 Posts
this is a 7 year old thread.
and the op has not logged on in over two years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts