Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Whenever its rainy and dark out driving thru town it looks like there is a film on the inside of the windshield. I took windex and wiped it off, then a bit later it was back. I thaught I heard that a bad heater core will cause that as I can faintly smell coolant as well. Anyone know if thats the case or can lend any brainpower.
Thanks again,
matt z

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Sounds about right.:(

·
Pulling sled for hire
1,905 Posts
A bad heater core will cause the window to fog over, but it won't cause the film you're describing. That film is very common on most newer vehicles. Go to a parts store and get a good glass cleaner and use some old newpaper to clean your windshield. Either way, that film usually starts returning after a week or so, at least it does on all our vehicles.

Justin

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I have had heater cores that would film up the windshield before. I think your is probably starting to leak.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help fellas, unfortunatly it will be several months till i can do it as i am not at home at the moment. When i do get back i was gonn apull the motor replace my trans and do a bunch of wrk to now include the heater core. thanks again keep on truckin
matt z

1 - 5 of 5 Posts