Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever have to replace there windshield wiper motor i was driving last night and they just stopped working but i just left the switched on and 2 or 3 more times on the way home they kicked on for a couple of seconds and then just stopped working. i am assuming that would be the motor?

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
i have, but not on an obs.. its pretty much just plug and play. take the old one off bolt up the new one and plug it in. done make sure you know the position of the motor before you hook it up or you can drag them across the hood :badidea:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know the price?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That could just as easily be the switch; contacts opening and closing intermittently as you hit bumps. Or a connector doing the same thing. FSM is at home, so no diagram in front of me, but generally, if you can get 'em to fail in the drivewy, then test for power at the right circuit on the motor, that'll narrow it down whether it's the motor or the switch/wiring.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright yeah i was thinkin that because they work everyonce in awhile for a couple seconds still and if it was the motor i would assume it would gradually slow down until it finally got to week to move them

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
try taking a wire and putting it directly from the battery to the motor see if it runs, that will tell you if its the switch or motor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts