Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 f350 7.3l wipers only work on high and washer fluid doesn't spray.
I have replaced the wiper motor and the multi-function switch
Fuse 33 & 106 are good and there is power to them.
Last night I check the wire harness from the wiper motor to the drivers side fire wall and found no frays or breaks. I'm at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to take it to a Ford dealership.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,911 Posts
welcome to the forum!

this could be a long shot, but i'm sure it's got tilt steering wheel. do the symptoms change when tilted all the way up vs all the way down?

I've seen the ports/clips in the connector to the multi-function switch break off, leaving the pins/wires dangling in place in a way that you can't see that they aren't making contact with initial inspection. this happened in my truck over years of tilting the wheel up & down.

i'm nto sure if this helps you, but i hope it does!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be checking this the first chance I get. Did yours work on high only.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,911 Posts
high worked fine, but the rest of the wiper settings were more 'intermittent' than just flat out wouldn't work. and one of the turn signals did not work. signal would go back to working sometimes if i tilted the wheel all the way up!

those were the pins affected on my harness. oh, by the way, i simply jammed in some tiny little home-made shims to force the broken ones to make contact. i had no pans to replace either side of the harness! and as of now, i forget if it was the switch side or the truck side that was the problem...

i hope yours is as simple as mine was to fix :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2002 f350 7.3l wipers only work on high and washer fluid doesn't spray.
I have replaced the wiper motor and the multi-function switch
Fuse 33 & 106 are good and there is power to them.
Last night I check the wire harness from the wiper motor to the drivers side fire wall and found no frays or breaks. I'm at a loss any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to have to take it to a Ford dealership.
What ended up being the issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts