Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a strange topic in probably the wrong thread, but I'm getting tired of replacing windshield wipers.

Last winter I flushed and cleaned out my windshield washer fluid system with Rain-X washer fluid-->Orange .... and replaced the wipers with also rain-X brand. After about 2 months... the rubber wipers started to slowy tear and rip... I did use the washer fluid alot... during the first couple months of winter...Dec-Jan. I replaced the blades and filled with Rain-X fluid... It wasn't but 2 months and I had to replace my passenger side again.... now just last week... I replaced my driverside wiper... the rubber was tore and getting worse.

I do usually use the wiper fluid around 3 times a week... But I was curious is others have used the Rain-X washer fluid with these same results? Or maybe these Rain-X wiper blades are just that pi$$ poor.

What wiper blades do you prefer or have had great success with... and well as washer fluid... I'm about done with these Rain-X products... I do like there glass treatment ... Going down the highway, and hardly ever have to use the blades, in a rain storm..
Mods feel free to move this topic, since it's probably not in the right thread.

I was beginning to think there was something in the Rain-X washer fluid that was eating the rubber, on these new blades?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
i have some bosch ion's, pricey for wipers think they were like 45$ but they have been on there since may of 09....

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
i use amco sp? wipers but i get them free at work :D
but they last a long time i replaced them in dec and i have the same ones, also i use the blue corral wiper fluid

·
Registered
447 Posts
I go to walmart I get the cheapest ones I can find and they last about a year

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,994 Posts
I had had good results with Bosch and the orange Rain-X washer fluid. I don't use the wipers that much as the Rain-X helps out. I usually replace the wipers about once a season.

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
I usually use trico wiper blades, and often have the orange rain x windshield wash, last a year to a year and a half...I've decided that the expensive blades are not worth the money IMO they may last as long but 45 buck for a wiper blade vs 10-15 to work and last the same, it was easy to make up my mind.
Dave

·
Registered
574 Posts
i use rain-x but not in the washer fluid
don't want that stuff dripping all over my truck
just put it on with a rag/paper towel and see if the same wipers last longer
even cheap wipers should last a year

·
Registered
479 Posts
I use the rainx orange in the winter and green in the summer. I have had good luck with bosch, michelin, and even the rain x wipers.

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
Im just put the cheapest wipers on my truck that I can find and whatever washer fluid they have in bulk a the dealership. Last month I had a coupon for rain x wipers and i bought them because they were the cheapest thing i could get. Well, lets just say that I am not impressed. The are already streaking pretty badly.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think my problem is within the rain-x washer fluid... I guess I will switch to anco-trico-valeo.. Bosch seems so dang overpriced. The rain-x latitude seems to have alot of above average reviews. I can't remember when I had to replaced blades twice in one yr. And they are very seldom used for an extended time. Anyway. Thanks for all your replies. And I do appologize for placing this post in the wrong thread.

·
HHAUL'N STROKER
1,574 Posts
I always get the cheapo blue stuff at the gas station and anco wipers. I splurged and got the orange rain x crap and Ill never get it again. Streaky and cleans for chit. Ill stick with the blue! Matches the truck anywase!

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Looking at numerous testing reviews etc the Bosh Icons do well but not as good as Bosh claims the best value for perf and price seems to come from Valeo 600 Series. One thing for sure keep using the Rain X fluid or do the actual rain X window treatment. By causing the water beading you end up using your wipers less and they tend to glide with less friction over the glass as well. If you have ice, snow, mud, dirt, etc.. it will beat the crap out of any wiper but in general use on water with typical use you should get at least 6 months of good perf out of a set of wipers and up to a year but I have found you end up with missed streaks and uneven perf if you take them that long. Where you park also effects the life span as a garaged vehicle will have an advantage all things equal.

·
Davey B
930 Posts
I tried the rain x wipers awhile ago, they didnt last that long for me either.

·
amos moses
150 Posts
i use motorcraft wipers from the dealer $12 each not to expensive but they last long and i use whatever fluid i got kicking around.

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I wouldn't piss on rain-x if they were on fire. when you heat that crap up it starts to shread the blades. I have learned that if when you clean your windshield say when your fueling up, kinda scrub down the blades they last longer. just my .02

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have the rain-x blades. I found they are fine for spring/summer use. However they tear easily during the colder months with frost and ice on the windshield.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with your washer fluid.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.