Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now, I have 5% limo on all my windows. Today I just had a brand new windshield installed so im thinking about have that tinted. Would 20% be too dark, or should I just get 35%? I have a prescription so im not worried about getting pulled over, Im worried about being able to see at night.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I also think that tint on the windshield is a bad idea. Even a vehicle with 35% on the side windows can be a pain to drive in a parking lot or similar where you need your side visablility. Doing that to the windshield does not sound very safe.

Tom

·
all ur OBS r belong to me
1,591 Posts
I had 5% on the rears, 20% on the sides and 35% on the windsheild... you can't see in it at all. I went with 20% on the sides so I could see out of it when I plow at night.

I also had 5% all around with 50% on the windsheild, same result. Even with 50% on the windsheild it is blacked the f*ck out. If I had it to do over I would go with 20% on the sides and 50% on the windsheild. Tinting the windsheild cuts down on the light so much you don't need to go a real dark %

try it at 50% I garuntee you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tint it with the 50% if possible. I have run 35 on my mustangs but 35 on the side also limo only on the rear. I will be tinting my truck next week 50 windshield, 35 front sides, 20 rear doors, and 5 for the back window. The tint on the windshield is awsome in 100+ heat every day all summer. It allows the ac to cool very good, like wearing an extra pair of sunglasses, and looks awsome front the front. Post some pics once it is done I will post picks of my truck later.

·
Peon
727 Posts
For the record, I just pulled that $$$ figure out of thin air. I've never done coke (hell, I've never smoked weed or even smoked a cigarette for that matter) and could only guess what coke goes for on the street. I could get an accurate price from my buddy in the pharmacy since they have some there, but it's not the same stuff at all. Cocaine actually does have some specific medical uses, so that's why the hospital pharmacy stocks the stuff but it's not in a form you could snort.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
For the record, I just pulled that $$$ figure out of thin air. I've never done coke (hell, I've never smoked weed or even smoked a cigarette for that matter) and could only guess what coke goes for on the street. I could get an accurate price from my buddy in the pharmacy since they have some there, but it's not the same stuff at all. Cocaine actually does have some specific medical uses, so that's why the hospital pharmacy stocks the stuff but it's not in a form you could snort.
WTF :confused:
What have you been drinking then? :poke:

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
each state has it's own tinting laws...at one time i remember reading that some states allowed windshield tinting...
I can't imagine any states would allow it... but I don't know for sure...??

How do you guys with it done already see at night?? I have a tough time just backing my truck up at night with 20%...usually have to roll the windows down to help see everything...

I guess 50% is not much... but I bet with all the other windows tinted it must seem darker...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I've been in cars with 50% and 35% on the windshield.
Either way, obviously it's a little easier to see out of the 50%.
I wouldn't do a 20%.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I can't imagine any states would allow it... but I don't know for sure...??

How do you guys with it done already see at night?? I have a tough time just backing my truck up at night with 20%...usually have to roll the windows down to help see everything...

I guess 50% is not much... but I bet with all the other windows tinted it must seem darker...
if i remember right, no law can protect you from a doctor's note to a certain extent. i believe its 20 on the sides and 35 on the windshield here in louisiana WITH a doctors note, and as dak as you want in the back regardless

·
Registered
263 Posts
You get used to seeing thru it at night. At first it seems weird but you will get used to it and won't remember you have it until someone else gets in the veh. and remineds you. I really like that when you look at the truck from the front. It looks like the ones in brouchures or magazines you can really see inside it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts