Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Your Name Here
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing to know if anyone else has a foam stripe b/w the dash and the windshield? I went to get my windshield tinted and we found a foam stripe at the bottom of the windshield glued to the dash. It is in the way of putting the tint all the way to the bottom. Half of it pulled right now but the passenger side half is just tearing piece by piece and wont come all out. We can't put the tint in till all of it is out cause some of the little pieces could get behind the tint and mess it up. Just wondering if anyone else has this and has removed it. It would be easy with the windshield out or the dash out but I don't wanna pull either of them out.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
is it hard to see out of a vehicle with a tinted windshield? could someone possibly get a pic looking out the windshield in the day time with no flash on just so i can see it

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
is it hard to see out of a vehicle with a tinted windshield? could someone possibly get a pic looking out the windshield in the day time with no flash on just so i can see it
The only time it's any different for me is when I am driving at night in the rain, but it's still not bad at all. During the daily I don't notice a difference in visibility. I'll take a pic though and post it up.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You actually can see better I think because your eyes arent adjusting as much going from light to dark the windshield of course isnt as dark as the sides I have 20% on the sides and 35% on the front looks nice

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Jeff ur setup is sweet. i think im gonna get 40% like u without the strip tho.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
mines definately guna get the 5% strip on the top, i had it on my f150 and loved it, now i just gotta get the sides redone to 5% and the privacy glass laid with some 20%

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Jeff ur setup is sweet. i think im gonna get 40% like u without the strip tho.
Thanks man. I love it. Having the strip has probably helped keep the cops off my back about the windshield. Looks from the outside as if I only have a strip. That is also the only reason I went with 20% on the front. It being a lot lighter than my back windows helps a lot too. Most people around here that get caught have equal tint all the way around.

·
Banned
459 Posts
can some one post pics of windsheild tint? id like to do it any one know what the legal limit is in michigan?

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
I have a 5% 10" strip on the top of my windshield, goes below my rear view a lil bit. Love it. I had double 5% all the way around till 600 in tickets made me take it off.

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Thanks man. I love it. Having the strip has probably helped keep the cops off my back about the windshield. Looks from the outside as if I only have a strip. That is also the only reason I went with 20% on the front. It being a lot lighter than my back windows helps a lot too. Most people around here that get caught have equal tint all the way around.
It is a great thing the strip. i had a 13" strip on my windshield and got popped for sides and strip. i took the strip off and left the sides. im still hoping i dont get popped again. But i miss the strip big time. so i just gonna get the whole windshield tinted.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
can some one post pics of windsheild tint? id like to do it any one know what the legal limit is in michigan?
First page there is a pic of my truck's windshield tint.

As for what is legal. It is illegal period to tint your entire windshield. Every state has it's own law on the strip though I believe. I think GA's law on the strip is under 6".....mine is 11" LOL

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
my truck is getting new glass tomorrow, super tempted to tint the whole thing 50% no strip. My fronts are 15 but i want them darker, i bet if the windsheild was done i would be happy, i dont do alot of night driving like i used to.

·
Your Name Here
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im getting my whole windshielf done 35% tomorrow and a 5% brow. Later down the road I may get my whole windshield redone in 20%

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
a guy i work with did 20 its pretty fukin dark... looks good in the summer and he hasnt been busted (yet)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts