Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone work for a company that does window tint? Just wondering what brands of tints people use ect. I used some black magic tint from walmart today, worked decent but i know there is better out there, just seams like the cheap stuff doesnt stick as good as the stuff the pros use. Let me know.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Suntek is awesome too. I have had it on my truck 4 years with no problems no fading just as dark as the day it was put on. But to get some your likely to have to buy a big roll as they dont sale small amounts. I'm sure there is a tint shop near you that uses suntek.

·
C&C Customs
1,258 Posts
sun gaurd is all i use the best in the business

·
Peon
727 Posts
I like the Luminar film I had applied last year (didn't trust myself to do a proper job in any reasonable amount of time). I went with 20% on the fronts, that same amount over the factory tint in the rear, and a 6" visor strip. It's not super dark but that amount on the fronts cuts out the UV and isn't so dark I have outward visibility problems or the cops hassle me for it so that's a good thing.

·
F350 Balla
269 Posts
I've got suntek that was just installed on my truck a couple weeks ago... Guess we'll see how it turns out!

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
+1 on the luminar, the guy that does my tinting will only use that, he has used it on my OBS, brothers car and plenty of friends cars, its good stuff

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the input guys ill do some looking and see if i can get some of this stuff in a small enough quantity

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Ive used Luminar and suntek. Both great stuff

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I can't say anything bad about the black magic you mention except I CANNOT find a window tint from wally world or a parts store that does not have a bluish tint from the inside. I like black or grey looking out from the inside and every brand I've tried always looks blue!

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
I can't say anything bad about the black magic you mention except I CANNOT find a window tint from wally world or a parts store that does not have a bluish tint from the inside. I like black or grey looking out from the inside and every brand I've tried always looks blue!
Cheap tint probably.

On another note: I know a guy who buys cheap tint by the roll and re-does his windows every few months. I'd rather get a brand that has a lifetime warranty that is guaranteed not to fade then to mess with that all the time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts