Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of tinting my windows but not so sure what %. My truck has no tint so I was thinking maybe 5%. Would it be a PITA a night? Anyone try those pre cut ones that are on ebay? How hard is the install?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
5% is way dark,limo is 2%. you will get a ticket. cheap tint will turn purple in one or two years. the darkest i would go would be 30%, you can still see ok at night, cops can see your silhouette, and will not hassle you as much. no i have not used ebay tint, i have a friend that does tint for a living.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I forget what % mine are I had them match the back of the truck. As for the e-bay tint spend the money and have the pro's do it. Spend it now and save it later no bubbles or pealing

·
Lurker...
553 Posts
I forget what % mine are I had them match the back of the truck. As for the e-bay tint spend the money and have the pro's do it. Spend it now and save it later no bubbles or pealing
ditto...it's not bad to install after you've practiced on a few, but it sucks to peel (scrape) it off and start over if you screw it up...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Bought my truck with cheap 20%, and I think I see new bubbles every few weeks. I will be pulling it off and having it re-done this spring, just need to decide between 20% or 35%.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I got 20% to match my back windows with a 5% strip 6 inches below the legal line on the windshield...i am thinking of getting more layed on top of it all...but i like dark windows...i would do 20% all the way around to me 35% tint is almost like having no tint

·
Got 'Er Did
441 Posts
5% here are the way around
love it
and no problems with the cops
but who knows i might just be lucky

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
i like my 20% on the front windows..matches the factory tinted rear windows and I did 35% on the whole windshield..makes for the perfect tint.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
25% mached the stock tint on mine I have a local shop do all mine it was 70$ for my front windows. I had my wifes old focus done in 25% all the way around for $175. Ive done tint before but the pros do a much better job oh yea 5% looks nice but I had it on an old bronco years ago and it can be a pita at night you may want to cheak your local laws befor doing the tint.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have 15% on my front windows and that seems to match my factory tint pretty well. It is hard to see at night especially when its raining. I have a nice scratch on my drivers side to prove it.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
I have 15% on my front windows and that seems to match my factory tint pretty well. It is hard to see at night especially when its raining. I have a nice scratch on my drivers side to prove it.
thats the only time it sucks when you are trying to back up in a dark place and its raining....

i dont even feel comfortable in a vehicle thats not tinted..i feel like everyone is looking

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
thats the only time it sucks when you are trying to back up in a dark place and its raining....

i dont even feel comfortable in a vehicle thats not tinted..i feel like everyone is looking
they call that paranoia :poke:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I also got 5% all around. Except the windshield. I have gotten used to for the most part of driving at night, i sometimes still have to roll the windows down to see, but its not too bad.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Bought my truck with cheap 20%, and I think I see new bubbles every few weeks. I will be pulling it off and having it re-done this spring, just need to decide between 20% or 35%.
mine came with cheap 20 too. i had to rip it off cause it was purple..couldnt take it anymore
get some of those hellas...the have 2 bulbs in each housing, 1 is brighter than 2 of any other reverse light. clicky
now your fish bowling!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I will be doing my next week with 35 in the front 20 in the rear doors 5 on the rear but best of all 50 on the whole windshield. I love this combination I have had it on all my mustangs. I will go get it done in Mexico 40.00 for
a 4dr truck or car and 20.00 for the windshield and they have some good tint that last as long as any other tint would. I have had several cars tinted in the here but with time any tint will fade or turn purple specially the 5%. I would just pay to have the tint put on. I have intalled tint on some cars but they always wind up with dirt no matter how good you try to clean everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts