Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what do you guys think I should go with for window tint, and should I do it myself or just go somewhere to get it done? Thanks.

·
Aint going anywhere fast
3,258 Posts
Dark...20% or lower...Ive never done it myself.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I think you should really think this out, really try and take in everyones opinion and than sleep on it for a few days.

·
Peon
727 Posts
I had my tint guy put a layer of 35% on both front doors, the back doors, the rear window, and as a visor strip for ~6" on the windshield. IMO the fronts are just right with the 35%--not so light I need to wear sunscreen for road trips but not so dark I get hassled by the cops for front window tint.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
Mine is 6%. I love how dark the truck is and how cool it stays during the summer buttt I always have to be on the look out for the police.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Here is a pic of 18% all around. I will be going to 5% in the rear soon. After having tint I can not drive a car without it anymore... and have a pro do it...

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Mine is 5% in the back 15% in the front, good for towing at night but still dark enough to watch DVD's on a summer day, perfect combo IMHO The rear of my truck had NO tint so you might go 15% over stock in the back and then 15% in the front, just pay someone to do it. I payed 200 for all of my windows on my last two Crew cabs

·
FREE THINKER
703 Posts
tint can be a biaaatch if you never done it ..iv done 3 of tucks...but im the type i have to do everything myself:doh:

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Ive tried it and its hard, getting good tint is the key i think. There are some good do-it-yourself tinting vids on YOUTUBE

·
Registered
586 Posts
i got 5% all the way aroundon top of stock rear tint. i always drive with the windows down so not a prob wit cops unless its raining.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did 15% on the front and that matches the factory rear tint really well. I would deff. have a pro do it. I hate to see a shotty tint job!

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Mine is 5% in the back 15% in the front, good for towing at night but still dark enough to watch DVD's on a summer day, perfect combo IMHO The rear of my truck had NO tint so you might go 15% over stock in the back and then 15% in the front, just pay someone to do it. I payed 200 for all of my windows on my last two Crew cabs
Same setup here, but free for me.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok from what you guys are saying ill definatly have someone do it, thanks for all the input and pics really help! thanks.

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
I did 5% all round and a strip on the top of the windshield... i love it. havent been bothered by the cops yet. I want to get a layer of 50% over the whole windshield, in florida its actually legal to do the windshield

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
I would go darker, but i do a fair amount of towing at night, and in wyoming in the middle of no where, it gets freaking dark LOL

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you have a choice try to get Llumar tint. It is a great brand with lifetime warranty.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
5% over factory on rears, 35% or 20% in the front

po po's dont like dark up front.. right now i have 35% on my truck and it's not to bad and ive never gotten any trash, not even at inspection time.

my other truck though, did 5% over factory on the rear, 20% front.... that gets dark since the factory (150, 4 door) rears are around 10% and the inspection guys didnt like it to much..

DIY tint, go to walmart get a roll and try it out. you need a roll, couple paint scraper rasers, Bondo spreaders, Johnsons baby soap, squirt bottle... umm.. PATENTS. i have done 15-20 trucks and cars, mine looks the worse because it's the first one i did and havent re done it yet.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts