Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a trick to removing the windows out of the rear doors? they were manual crank windows and they just arent coming out.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
You have to unbolt the window track and remove the belt molding from the inside and outside of the window at the bottom of the door. Then with help if possible slowly lift and tilt the window inward toward the inside of the door and remove.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
:whs: yep they can be tuff to get out

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
I just pulled mine 10 min ago.
like speeddemon31176 said, you have tro remove all that stuff.

BUT then you have to spin the window inside the door. On the passenger door you have to rotate it clockwise(looking from inside) then the glass will be narrow enough to come out the opening.

now I just need to find clear glass. I hate the tinted stuff

·
Registered
601 Posts
I tried removing mine for about a half hour before I got fed up. I unbolted the two guides on either side, and the top bolt of the track. The bottom bolt of the track is a rivet on mine? So I can't remove that, or haven't done so yet.

I still can't get the glass to rotate enough to remove the arm from the window motor.

But the upside is I did pick up some clear glass to replace it with.

Any suggestions?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
I tried removing mine for about a half hour before I got fed up. I unbolted the two guides on either side, and the top bolt of the track. The bottom bolt of the track is a rivet on mine? So I can't remove that, or haven't done so yet.

I still can't get the glass to rotate enough to remove the arm from the window motor.

But the upside is I did pick up some clear glass to replace it with.

Any suggestions?

Is the window regulator and motor still in? I always removed EVERYTHING before I removed the glass

Slide the window half way down and undo the (2) 11mm nuts that hold the glass the the bracket that slides on the center track. Also remove Both tracks. That may give you enough to spin the window inside the door and slide it out sideways

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bringing this back up after replacing the rear door glass today.

I removed the top bolt only on the center support bracket and the two window guide brackets on left and right of door (11mm also). Then removed two 11mm nuts on lower part of glass (track). Rotated glass in door and slid up and out.

Didn't have to take any of the motors/regulators out. So hope that helps anyone trying to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts