Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
My powerstrike
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my motor just let go this evening on the way home from work! Half throttle in my dd setting. Nothing dramatic, just a small pop, then sorta fluttering sound and the truck shut off. Somehow i knew what i would find when i jumped out. Oil pouring from several nice holes in the oil pan and block. 266,000 miles. Mods in sig.

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
That sucks

·
Strok'in PA
73 Posts
Holy crap... hearing about all this windowed blocks has me worried.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That sucks, mine went at 35k miles. like you said when you get out of the truck and hear all the fluids hitting the ground you know exactly what just happened :doh:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Anychance it was good ol 80e

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
dat sux
how many years/ mods since your last reburn?

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
that really sucks man.

·
My powerstrike
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had 3 settings, tow, dd, and hot. Don't think the dd was the 80e. But the dp tuner definitely made the truck noisier than beans tunes. I had done all the work last fall got it running about exactly a year ago and ran beans tunes for bout 2 months. Yery smooth an nice to drive. Then decided to try th dp. Had a little more power, but along with crazy smoke an egt. And jumpy throttle response so bad you could hardly use the cruise. Thats my experience with the different tuners, but i do think my truck had other issues. I started losing oil pressure at idle. Mechanical gauge showed 6 psi. It would jump up when you gave it throttle, but when you got on it pretty good the pressure would head south several psi. Sorta felt more relaxed with the mechanical gauge on there. But obviously now there was a deeper issue.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
was just checking to make sure you weren't running 5 year old tunes written for stock sticks etc.

oil issues could be a bad thing for sure,
gettin a new block, have you thought of going to 200 nozzels?
seems like a good time since you prob will be swapping or selling parts.

·
My powerstrike
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No im goin back to stock. Im puttin a used motor in, selling my performance stuff, an prolly be selling the truck eventually. Im in the process of starting my own business an its time to cut the power addiction. Life happens.

·
needs more fuel
697 Posts
id be interested in the idm. i have a completly stock one i would trade plus some cash. pm me and we can work out some deals

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would be interested in the injectors. shoot me a pm

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Huh second one in about the last week running those tunes. Anyone but me see a common theme?

PM me a price for the push rods, springs, and studs to if your getting rid of them.

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
So my motor just let go this evening on the way home from work! Half throttle in my dd setting. Nothing dramatic, just a small pop, then sorta fluttering sound and the truck shut off. Somehow i knew what i would find when i jumped out. Oil pouring from several nice holes in the oil pan and block. 266,000 miles. Mods in sig.
Sorry to hear about this. Not sure when you got your chip reburned. We have searched our system and can not find tunes done for a '96 with 275/100 injectors from BDP with a '96. Assuming you got the tunes redone for your mods, do you remember sending it in for a reburn to a dealer of ours? When and who? Let us know, 828-221-0076.

Thanks

Diane

·
PSD Enthusiast
101 Posts
just out of Curiosity, how many of those 266k miles were modded? Are you the original owner? How many miles with BDP Tunes, and how many miles with DP Tunes?

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Second one in a week? Ever look at all the 7.3 to 5.9 conversions? Who tuned the majority of those?
Yes, about a week ago juniort444e blew a rod out of the block running the same tunes as the op.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.