Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have used multiple cleaners to clean my windows. I currently like invisible glass the best. However I can't seem to get the hard water spots to come off. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
I wax my windows as I wax my truck, water beads right off and it gets spots and bugs and whatever else might be stuck on them, off pretty easily. But in between, I use Invisible Glass like you.

·
My other twin turbo...
1,066 Posts
I used to use Bon Ami cleanser. It comes also as a GM part number for cleaning spotted glass. Many folks use very fine steel or copper wool.

·
GOLDILOXFX4
163 Posts
just use chrome polish or any kind of aluminum polish..has chemicals to get oxidation off, itll get hard water spots off, then use rain x or whatever you want. i like to clean my windows in the evening when the sun is going down so you can really see all the spots that you cant see during the bright of the day

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
or you can use clay bar, then wax it back

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I used comet and a scotch brite pad once. It worked ok.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i make my own works great its a mix of rubbing alcohol ammonia and water

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Napa Glass with ammonia,Chit will take just about anything off and its streak free ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the suggestions, I think I will give a couple of them a try.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
i use the napa with ammonia to its pretty awesome stuff. i use ooo steel wool with it to get the waterspots off then wash it again then a few coast of rain X

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I used rain x and it got rid of these nasty water streaks and spots that was on my step moms Navi. But usually use a big bottle of power purple glass cleaner.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just a tip for when using Invisible Glass; use crumpled up newspaper. Seems like a dumb idea but it works MUCH better than paper towels or rags.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I use some fine steel wool and follow it up with invisible glass also...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again guys. I forgot about the newspaper trick, my mom made me clean windows like that when I was a kid.:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks again guys. I forgot about the newspaper trick, my mom made me clean windows like that when I was a kid.:D
Yea its not really something that comes to mind at first, but I believe the Invisible Glass even recommends it somewhere on the can I believe. I use that method for everything from my car and truck to all my fish tanks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts