Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im concerned about my fuel pressure. Its running about 90 at idle. I've got a fuelab pump running to the bowl. I totally drilled out the stock regulator, and im using the stock 3/8" fuel line as the return. And its still keeping this much pressure. I need a regulated return BAD. Is this gonna damage my injectors in the long run? Fuelab is running cool as can be.

Also, im seeing 90psi at the bowl, but would there be a pressure loss between there and the fuel rail, since im running stock lines from the bowl to the heads?

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You're concerned? :doh: You're running a stock fuel system with a Fuelab, think about how much additional flow you have over the stock pump, that is why the pressure is so high!

I'd be concerned you are going to burn up the pump, just because it's not hot, doesn't mean it's happy. What do you have the pump speed set at? Do you at least have a 1/2" line from the outlet of the pump to the motor?

Will it hurt the injectors, probably not. I'm willing to bet you've got a good amount of pressure drop trying to push fuel through the stock lines to the heads and the little end passages in the heads when you get on it.

You're right on needing a regulated return, and a bowl delete, and hopefully you already have some spin on filters underneath. A Fuelab is not a drop-in replacement like a Walbro.

Dave

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're concerned? :doh: You're running a stock fuel system with a Fuelab, think about how much additional flow you have over the stock pump, that is why the pressure is so high!

I'd be concerned you are going to burn up the pump, just because it's not hot, doesn't mean it's happy. What do you have the pump speed set at? Do you at least have a 1/2" line from the outlet of the pump to the motor?

Will it hurt the injectors, probably not. I'm willing to bet you've got a good amount of pressure drop trying to push fuel through the stock lines to the heads and the little end passages in the heads when you get on it.

You're right on needing a regulated return, and a bowl delete, and hopefully you already have some spin on filters underneath. A Fuelab is not a drop-in replacement like a Walbro.

Dave
I wasn't prepared for the fuelab. Stock SD pump burn up, threw on a walbro to get me by. Walbro lasted 1 day. So I went with a fuelab. I didn't want to keep buying pumps. :mad: Yes, I have a bigger line going from the pump to the bowl. Only regulation on the return in the 3/8" return line leaving the bowl.

Im ordering all my stuff to do a regulated return right now from jegs. I was just hoping I could skate by for a short time, but Ill just do it right. Thanks.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Why not order up from one of the 20-30 vendors that sponser on the site you just asked the question on?

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Why not order up from one of the 20-30 vendors that sponser on the site you just asked the question on?
:whs: DI has a complete RR system for like $450

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
:whs: DI has a complete RR system for like $450
And that would be a good time to get the special fittings Dave has to feed from the rear of the heads, so the injectors can get real fuel flow!

Oh and get a fuel cooler too, very good idea.

Dave

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$150 is alot of money. It wouldn't be a direct bolt on kit since im using a different fuel inlet, and return set-up. I would have to source some extra parts anyways. Mine as well build it like I want.

This is my second one to do, it will be better than the one on my old truck.

And I do order most of my stuff from the PSN vendors.

Ive bought from many of them. MOST of my stuff is sourced from them.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
why the new truck man? i loved your old one!

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
that works. do you still have the reg cab or did you sell it? i love that truck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts