Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this fabbed up to eliminate the flexing for my 14" drop and sway bars on my travel trailer. I can use either tube now but was wondering if it would be wise to consider using it for a pull with the right insert installed??

Thanks
Dave

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
I would say as long as you're confident in the welds, and you ran full beads on every joint, I think it would work just fine for occasional sled pulling.

Dave

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a shop run stick on it rather than me try and stitch it with my wire feed. They have done great work for me and build lots of trailers. They surely know what they're doing so I trust their work.

Thanks for the input. I don't want to show up at some event with this being my hinderance and be a laughing stock because of it.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where are you talking about with the gusseting Joe?

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
Considering the weld quality of the stock setup and thickness of material... I think you should be fine.

·
TD
8 Posts

Thats JMO....that should be overkill, and your mig should be plenty to hold that as longs as its a 220 or larger. I don't see that anything else would be necessary at all

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont see why it wouldnt work looks like a great build

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Funny you mention this when you did. Just re-did my hitch for pulling, only opposite of what you have done. I added a tube on top, trimmed the bumper and well,......I'll post a pic. Worked great! Moved my hook point almost 10" forward, and close to two inches up. No longer have to use a big offset hitch to get my 26" height. Flip the license plate where its supposed to be and it looks stock. Flip it over or take it off and ready to pull. Had my old setup as close to the bumper as I could, even had re-drilled the hole for the pin and moved it as close to the hitch as the gussets would allow, along with cutting off the extra length of the solid square tube so it would slide in far enough. Yours looks plenty strong enough.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts