Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
Since they are the 05 and up style the answer is yes but you'll have to cut or replace your header panel to allow them to fit. The Design is different and thus the receiver in the header is different.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
:whs:

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
They would look really nice!
Take pics when your done!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If you do the cut your old header panel install, can you still adjust these headlights?

There is no side to side adjustment.

But there is a up and down adjustment. There is a star shaped stud sticking up out of the housing...that's a it.
A 5/32" 6pt socket works to adjust it

I'll see if I can't get a pic tomorrow and post it for you.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Anyone here know if the 05 header panel will work with the 01 grille?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The lower clips on the 99-04 grille will not clip into the 05-07 header panel.
The top screw holes will line up though.

·
BLCKOUT
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What kind of bulbs are ya'll running in the Harley Headlights? I want something that is really bright! I forget what mine are called but they are blue as hell, but aren't very bright on the road and when is rains I can't see $hit!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Those are SWEEEET looking.... Wish I bought them and not my stock 05 lights.... oh well.....

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You cannot run HID in those headlight!!!

I was going to buy a pair for my 2001 and check into them. The seller that had a set of them for sell said "These are OE style, not OE that's why the OE Harleys costs $377 + shipping (at powerstrokeshop.com) vs those OE style for $219 + $41 shipping (so $260). He said that you cannot run HIDs because of the material used to make the cheaper headlight and the inner dimensions. You will melt the OE style ones with HID" Once you figure in the required $41 shipping into those cheap ones on ebay your only $117 shy of the REAL Harley headlights:shrug: And trust me, I checked into ALOT of headlights on ebay because I hated my 01 headlights, I wanted something brighter to run HIDs. Every one of the sellers replied with the same answer- "HIDs will melt the OE style (cheap made aftermarket) headlights" It has something to do with the material and the inner dimensions of the bulb hole. I just don't want to see someone buy something that will cost them $260 that isn't worth it and will/could cause them alot of problems...Take it for what it's worth:shrug:

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
i havent seen HID kits for the 9008s yet or the "harley style" I tried to find some but most are for 9007 and the ones that I did find for 9008s looks cheap... and yes you have to convert to HID's sorta , its not just another bulb, HIDs have a balast that needs to be mounted and thats about it for install other than hooking everything up, the cool thing is you porbably wont ever have to change a bulb again with HIDs they are Xenon filled and pretty much gaurented not to go out

·
Registered
133 Posts
Like Platinum said,the Ebay lights are OE "style",the plastic is not as durable, but hopefully the fitment will be of good tolerances.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts