Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the signal covers off a 04-07 truck fit on the older mirrors if I use my own leds for the running and turn signals and how hard are the mirrors to get out and back in a new cover.

·
Registered
579 Posts
the cover is really easy to take off... theres tabs behind the mirror youll have to move the mirror around to realease them... i think theres three... one on the outside.. one on top, and one on the bottom. the covers actually house the led's and reflectors.. sooo you wouldnt have to use your own leds etc...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sucks then, there was a pair of the signal covers on ebay the other day for 30.00 each

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
nope the old tyle 99-02 do not have removable covers. the 03-07 covers are removable.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I stand corrected.... but now that i think about it... ive only ever had to remove the covers on the mirrors that i installed off an 04. Never had a reason to try to open up the others...

·
ERJ Aircraft Mechanic
853 Posts
The covers aren't removable??

I guess I shouldn't have taken the driver's side cover off when I had to modify the wide angle mirror to raise its elevation. Been going on 8 years now, and you can't tell it was ever removed and re-installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts