Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a kicker solo baric L7 12" in a kicker box that i pulled out of my ranger and the thing hit hard in that pickup, so i know the box wont work in my sd its an 03 ccsb i was wanting to know if anybody else has one or more of these behind or under the rear seat or if you know if it will work at all? i know there is some stereo gurus on here so help me out guys thanks in advance!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It won't fit unless u raise the seat I run a shallower pioneer in a 97 I'm building a box but ill sill have to raise the seat about 2 1/2 inches to get it to fit radios are how I make extra cash that l7 takes right at 2 cubic feet of air space to work right

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't fit unless u raise the seat I run a shallower pioneer in a 97 I'm building a box but ill sill have to raise the seat about 2 1/2 inches to get it to fit radios are how I make extra cash that l7 takes right at 2 cubic feet of air space to work right
so not enough air space without a good bit of modifications for it then? am i better off just getting some shallow mounts and who would you recomend buying from box and subs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sub would depend on what u want to spend I like the new pioneers cheap and sound great box I'm not sure who makes them for the newer trucks I built the one my sub is in now and I haven't bought a box in.years but if you go with pioneers get w ported box u will like it over a sealed on

·
Registered
106 Posts
so not enough air space without a good bit of modifications for it then? am i better off just getting some shallow mounts and who would you recomend buying from box and subs?
The 99-03 Super Duty has alot more space available behind the seat than the 04+ trucks and enough airspace for your L7 but not enough mounting depth. The rear seat would have to be moved forward.
Like already mentioned, 2 of the Pioneer shallow 12"s in a custom ported box works great in your truck. What amp do you have?

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
An OBS has about no room under the back seat. There is tons of room under the back seat of a super duty compared to an OBS.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 99-03 Super Duty has alot more space available behind the seat than the 04+ trucks and enough airspace for your L7 but not enough mounting depth. The rear seat would have to be moved forward.
Like already mentioned, 2 of the Pioneer shallow 12"s in a custom ported box works great in your truck. What amp do you have?
well i dont realy want to have to dink with the seat so im thinkin shallow mounts are probly my best bet. the amp i was pushin the l7 with was an eclipse 500/1 the l7 is 750w rms but it hit hard with that amp. and i also have a 750w sony amp layin around in my garage that i havent ever used before i did some trade work for. i just put a sony 60bt touch screen dvd in the truck and im wanting to upgrade the rest of the system to got with it now. kinda needin to know what options work best for my truck.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just take the seat off the bracket move it up about 3" drill new holes for the back and tack weld the front this is what i did with mine i got 3 L7 12s solo barics behind the seat and still got plenty of room for people to sit in the back
do you have any pics of that setup man? i kinda get what your sayin with the seat but what are you havin to weld?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I heard you can also switch the mounting brackets for the seat to get a couple of extra inches too - I havent done it yet but plan to shortly for my DD1508 with tuned box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts