Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the truck back together. I put in a set of stage 2's t-500 hpop and rebuilt the turbo with a 1.0 housing. I know I need to get it reburned to get the full advantage out of it, but the last time TW reburnt my chip because of a defect it took a while to get it back. What kind of gains can i expect?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
you should put the stock 1.15 housing back on. you will have a fast spool but high egts. and def need a reburn to make them run right and safely.

·
Registered
926 Posts
if you have stock tuning your throwing 100ccs or so of fuel out your larger nozzles. assuming you went with 80s there a hell of an increase. hell, i run my truck in stock setting becuase its a good solid power adder with next to no smoke

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have 37" tires on it and wanted it to spool quicker. It was a pig from a 10 mph roll. I have the economy, daily, tow, heavy tow, extreme, and smoke settings. I am going to see if he can put the silent or drive thru setting on the same position as the economy setting and the extreme setting at 80% and above on the daily setting. Then the tow and heavy tow and of course smoke. So if I need to pass or get through a yellow light I dont have flip a switch first. I went with the DIY rosewood 160cc w/100% nozzels

·
Registered
203 Posts
If u have 37s you need steeper gears if u want better trottle response @lowend.
I'm running stage 2s right now with stock tuning, the truck is surprisingly quick, with no smoke and boosting at 26lbs. The fuel economy seems not to be very good though,

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it for a ride tonight with the tw chip in but not reburnt and holy sh*t. 30lbs of boost REAL quick, well compared to before any way. When I popped the hood the water neck was leaking all over. Who has the best deal on a new one? Will the 1.15 housing give me less boost and how much boost will a stock turbo handle?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I took it for a ride tonight with the tw chip in but not reburnt and holy sh*t. 30lbs of boost REAL quick, well compared to before any way. When I popped the hood the water neck was leaking all over. Who has the best deal on a new one? Will the 1.15 housing give me less boost and how much boost will a stock turbo handle?
I got mine from Ford for like $10

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Will the 1.15 housing give me less boost and how much boost will a stock turbo handle?
1.15 will provide less boost down low (compared to 1.0) and make it doggie off the line. On sig ride I went to 1.0 running 35" tires and 3:55 gears with ZF-5 and like it way better then the 1.15, much better low end response.

In 5th (or OD) at 30 lbs boost highway drivin will be quick with 37" tires what gears you runnin?

Stock turbo is up to 34-35 lbs iirc is the general consensus but if in that range lots may not live that long.

I'd stick with the 1.0 and have tunes updated and see if you like it before you change out to 1.15...

jrc

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
4:10 gears. I liked the way it felt , what little bit I drove it. Will reburning it make more power and faster or just safer

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
4:10 gears. I liked the way it felt , what little bit I drove it. Will reburning it make more power and faster or just safer
If it were me I'd give Tony a call/e-mail to see what he says.....

jrc

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
MUCH more.....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well I was driving it a little more today and wow it hit 36lbs of boost noproblem and SMOKING everyone behind me. Now the smoke setting actualy puts out alot of smoke. I wll be sending the chip out after the holidays then.When the weather breaks I will ditch the new mechanical fuel pump for the electric set up I have had on the shelf for a year in the truck.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I didnt know the stock mechanical pump could keep up with 160/100's. How big of an injector will it handle?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont know. I dont stay into it very long. I will be puting the new stock sd pump and the inter cooler in come spring time. Its noisy now because of the downd pipe hitting the body and making that growling noise. Its got some little bugs to work out still, but its cheeper than a new one.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
Pulling the chip in my California truck resulted in a dyno run of 245 hp with stage IIs, 1.0 housing and the stuff for the 399.8 hp run. 2003 chip burn put the truck at 399.8 hp with stock muffler, 3.5" tailpipe, intercooler and stock fuel pump on a Dynojet 248. (Banks PowerPack). Adding electric fuel pump (Bean's Fuel System) put it at 408hp and a better torque curve. Good EGTs when towing 10K trailer.

Put the stock 1.15 housing back in and lost 1/2 second in the quarter for those who are interested in a before/after comparision. LOLLOLLOL

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Pulling the chip in my California truck resulted in a dyno run of 245 hp with stage IIs, 1.0 housing and the stuff for the 399.8 hp run. 2003 chip burn put the truck at 399.8 hp with stock muffler, 3.5" tailpipe, intercooler and stock fuel pump on a Dynojet 248. (Banks PowerPack). Adding electric fuel pump (Bean's Fuel System) put it at 408hp and a better torque curve. Good EGTs when towing 10K trailer.

Put the stock 1.15 housing back in and lost 1/2 second in the quarter for those who are interested in a before/after comparision. LOLLOLLOL
Awesome info.... Thanks for putting it up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been driving it this week and I would say all the air is out of the lines because it runs great, they should have made these trucks like this from the start. It wont come close to the diesels but, mines paid for and gets better milage. I would highly recomend the rosewood stage 2's with the 1.0 housing and the t-500 pump to anyone!:rockwoot:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts