Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I'll take a double Crown.
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure which category this post should go in, so if I am wrong just let me know for future use. I was wondering if a wheel off of a '98 f250 will fit my '02 f250?

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Dont think so. A 98 F250 is the same body style of a F150, and those are 7 lug wheels

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Unless he means an early 99 Superduty, seen alot of people call those 98s.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
There are no such thing as a 98. Look it up tell me if you find one! :doh:

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
He probably means OBS, in which case it's 8 on 6.5, not the 8 on 170mm he needs.

Or I suppose it could be that freak F-150/250 pos they made for a while. And I believe those were the 98's. Freaks.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I have talked to people in parking lots with early 99s before that called them 98s.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I have talked to people in parking lots with early 99s before that called them 98s.
I believe there actually was a 98 though. Same bodystyle as the 97 F-150 I had, but with bags in the rear and a 250 badge on the fender.... stupid little pos truck. I don't recall ever seeing but one, maybe two of them.

Those wheels definitely won't fit a superduty.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I believe there actually was a 98 though. Same bodystyle as the 97 F-150 I had, but with bags in the rear and a 250 badge on the fender.... stupid little pos truck. I don't recall ever seeing but one, maybe two of them.

You are correct, there are a couple in my area with 7 lug wheels. :doh:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

They were designated LD250 with a very light gvw. They also had a 98 250HD, I had 2 of them they were titled as 98's and were the obs. The sd body was not available yet and the 460 big block would not fit the f150 body. I had several arguements over this and you have no idea how many times I was dragging out the registration on those trucks and those wheels will NOT fit a SD.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Damn, just when I thought I new everything. I knew they made that truck but it is a light duty. The 98 HD250 still was the obs still cause the 460 would not fit that 150 body. The 7 lug thing is new to me. I bet it's tough to find wheels for it!!

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Or I suppose it could be that freak F-150/250 pos they made for a while. And I believe those were the 98's. Freaks.
Freak is right, I'm pretty sure the 7700 series was only in '98.

Wasn't it the '98 F-250 that had the dreaded TTB front end?

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
as far as i know they quit making the obs in 97, the ttb was on the obs f-250s. the 98 f250hd that you say you have is not an obs its the same body style as the f150s. like chuck said they are a junk.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
as far as i know they quit making the obs in 97, the ttb was on the obs f-250s. the 98 f250hd that you say you have is not an obs its the same body style as the f150s. like chuck said they are a junk.
Like I said , that was a light gvw 250. I owned 2 98 HD250's bought them off the showroom that were the obs with 460 big blocks in them Titled as 98 and every time I had to buy parts for them I had to make sure they checked carefully for the HD in the listing or I got the wrong parts. What a PITA that was.:doh:

·
I'll take a double Crown.
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
not sure what they came off of. just saw the ad on craigslist for 4 wheels and decent tires that looked like a halfway decent deal. sounds like these wont fit. thanks for the help

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts

·
Ramond is a ritard
123 Posts
i read this and started lookin and i seen a seven lug today it really freaked me out

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Ive seen a few in real life. Guy down the road bought one when they came out. Im sure you would be suprised how many you would see if you really looked. Acually looked for them and not assumed they are F150s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts