Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a set of used tow mirrors on craigslist and I came across a pair of 2008 mirrors that i wouldnt mind picking up if i got them for the right price. my question is could i mount them on my truck, or do i need to stay in the 99-04 range inorder for them to work? im talking strictly about the mounting, my truck isnt power mirrors so the new mirrors wont be either, so i dont have to worry about wiring. any help would be great thanks.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome! ill shoot him an email and see what he'll take for em,Thanks!

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
They mount up...electrical needs some mods but not bad.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they're out there you just gotta look for em...i emailed him last night and told him id do 125 on the pair and i havent heard back yet so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I picked mine up for my 06 for 200 bucks

·
Registered
81 Posts
One of the best mods I have done. I changed the balljoints on my bro in laws truck for mine.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha sweet deal man. The guy emailed back today and he's fine with 125...i probably should have shot 100 at him :doh: ohwell im picking them up tomorrow ill make sure to snap a few shots after i throw em on. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a metal tab you will have to grind down or cut off but other than that they bolt right on and are a huge improvement

·
Registered
54 Posts
They mount up...electrical needs some mods but not bad.
I followed this thread and decided to swap my paddle mirrors on my 2002 for the '08 mirrors. Guy at the shop said they were great. However, I DO have power mirrors and wanted to keep them power. Guy at shop said it was a major hassle to get power to work with the '08 mirrors...said the last time they did it successfully it took them 8+ hours to get them working properly. He said he'd charge me for every one of those hours, and frankly didn't want to do it.

Do you have any more info on the mods needed to keep the '08 mirrors powered? Suggestions?

·
Registered
385 Posts
I followed this thread and decided to swap my paddle mirrors on my 2002 for the '08 mirrors. Guy at the shop said they were great. However, I DO have power mirrors and wanted to keep them power. Guy at shop said it was a major hassle to get power to work with the '08 mirrors...said the last time they did it successfully it took them 8+ hours to get them working properly. He said he'd charge me for every one of those hours, and frankly didn't want to do it.

Do you have any more info on the mods needed to keep the '08 mirrors powered? Suggestions?
You can hook the power up in 15 mins. It's just backwards.When you move it left my button, it goes right.....etc. But it's not that big of a deal. Mine are powered up, backwards.....but not like I adjust them daily, or even monthly......they are pretty much set.

EDIT: It just hit me, maybe the guy at the shop was talking about FULL POWER, power fold, power extend............I could see him having trouble and spending some time to get that right.....but the adjustment switches are nothing.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
They are great mirrors except for the price of them! Wished I could find the deals on these some of you are!

LMFAO, first I would automatically assume the guy you talked to is on meth. Secondly I would never set foot in that shop again. The mirrors are a direct bolt up and if you can attach one wire to another you can wire these up with power/ heat/ lights. If your really good with wiring you can wire the mirrors so your adjustment switch isn't backwards when adjusting the mirror. This shouldn't take more than a maximum of 30 minutes. Basically just swap the plug from your current mirrors to the 08's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone getting a lot of wind noise after the mirror swap? My 08 mirrors are pretty loud due to wind noise post swap. Love the visibility, hate the noise.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Door sealmod..lil laytex tub tighten up the gaskets may cut down the sound.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts