Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got my f250 at the shop having the head gaskets changed and I get a call today saying that both heads are cracked. I found a good deal on a set of 03 heads a local salvage yard but I dont know if they'll fit. My truck has 18mm dowel pins. Does anybody know if these will wotk on my truck?

·
Registered
406 Posts
2003 has 18 mm dowels so yes they will work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All 2003 models use 18's?

·
Registered
406 Posts
2003 and early 2004 have 18 mm dowels

·
Registered
406 Posts
you could even throw newer ones on there when you oder the oem head gasket kits from ford it has both sets of dowels in there the block is always 18 mm and the heads are a 20 mm on the newer ones so no worries on heads

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if the new heads did happen to be 20, is there a spacer I can buy to make it work? Or am I way over in left field on this one?

·
Registered
181 Posts
They should work. Have them checked before the install. Even if they are the 20mm dowels the ford gasket kit has adaptors to use the 20mm dowel heads.

·
Registered
406 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks. I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
406 Posts
here is what you will get in your head gasket kit from ford

and see the second pic is of a 20 mm dowel one side of it is 18 and the other is 20 there will also be 2 18mm dowels in that kit as well

this a a better pic of all the stuff this kit is for a newer vehicle though see the differnet stand pipes

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts