Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wife fell in love with the new EcoBoost F150, so who am I to hold her back from buying a Ford?

Brought it home last night, and I cant stop looking at it. It is a SuperCrew FX2 EcoBoost F150. Equipped with Navi, Sync and the sony system. Black leather all the way around, with a moonroof and a power slider in the rear. Hope to see some decent fuel mileage, and no more speeding tickets. I drove it home lst night, and had to set the cruise. It kept wanting to roll to 90 MPH. :evil

Future should hold a 3/5 drop with 22's or 24's, and a tonneu cover to start. Dont think I should have to do to much more to it. All I can say is, it makes me smile to see to blue ovals in the driveway! :ford:

PICS!!!

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
Dang! That thing is sweet!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
hows that ecoboost compare to a v8 powerwise?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smokes it. Test drove both, and the ecoboost is way more impressive!

·
Canadian Eh
675 Posts
i hope that is a plate holder on the front and that plate is not just screwed to the bumper. Sweet ride though, i test drove a 2012 f150 with a 5.0, it had some power

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The front plate is muonted to the little cap on that side. Crappy part about it is, I cant just pull it off like I do on every other vehicle. So I have to order a 5.0 front valance for it. Reason the plate is not in the middle like the 5.0, is because of the intercooler on the ecoboost is right in the middle gap.

As far as the power went, it was a different feel. The 5.0 had good pull at 3500 RPM, and sounded good doing it; obviously. But this EcoBoost pulls hard from the start and all the way through. At 365 HP and 420 ft. lb of torque, its a runner.

At a 14.9 quarter @ 92 mph, I think its a keeper. BTW, 5.0 runs a 15.5 quarter.

·
Registered
392 Posts
looks good, does your wife let you ride in it.....j/k

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
Very cool! Do they offer the EcoBoost in a Reg Cab Short Box? Would be the closest thing to a modern day Lightning.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They do offer in a rcsb. Iirc, thats what is in the vid above. She cant keep me out of it. I love it. The interior has me wanting a 6.7 though.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Id like to the link to that!

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
:whs:

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Yes, been toying with the idea of trading my 250 in for an ecoboost. I want to see what the aftermarket has to offer though. Everything I'm hearing/reading says they will respond to tuners like the 6.4's did... and the bottom ends are built VERY strong.

·
Registered
205 Posts
That thing is very impressive man congrats I love the fx2 and the fx4 f150s and its an ecoboost :bowfast:

·
MADE IN THE USA
324 Posts
i just cant get over that is a sixer lol

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tried like hell to get her to buy the 5.0, but after driving the ecoboost, shooooot. No comparison! Im doing some research on f150forum. Fuel mileage is averaging around 18 in town, with half highway.

I have considered more than twice about trading the sixoh for an fx4 ecoboost. I am thouroughly impressed. Has also made me consider a 6.7.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I tried like hell to get her to buy the 5.0, but after driving the ecoboost, shooooot. No comparison! Im doing some research on f150forum. Fuel mileage is averaging around 18 in town, with half highway.

I have considered more than twice about trading the sixoh for an fx4 ecoboost. I am thouroughly impressed. Has also made me consider a 6.7.
trade it in for a 6.7 raptor... now those trucks are bitchen

·
OBS Addict
1,538 Posts
Thats an awesome truck....but whatever you do, dont get rid of the diesel, lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts