Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, having a powerwindow issue, I have not done nothing to the truck but add new headlights, and did nothing to wireing whatsover!, and thats een a couple days prior!, but I hopped into truck the ohter day, went to roll windows down, and nothing but clicks in fuse box. and the relay thats clicking is the very top relay in the fuse block, thats not even for the powerwindows????? the windows will not go down unless you hit the switch several times, acts like a short in wires. and when you push the switch to go down or up, the dome light goes on and off repetedly with the clicking of the relay!!!, all fuses are good!, check each and every one, Im at a loss!!!! any advice??? oh yeah, its a 2001

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
GEM module. It is behind the fuse box in the cab. Look and see if it is wet. Did it rain recently? The windshields tend to leak onto the gem and short them out. sometimes they just give up the ghost all together for no good reason.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will look into that, thankyou!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it!!, went fishing into the rubber boot between the door and frame, and the ground wire was broke in 2!!, was getting power backfed thru the ground, it was wierd!, but shes as good as new, and thanking god, I didnt need a new GEM!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts