Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of tires for the stock 16inch lariet wheels on a 03 6.0. Currently have 265's I know I can go to 285's but didnt know if anyone went wider etc . Looking for a good all around tire to get ready for the winter coming up

·
GreatWhite
132 Posts
I had 305/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MTs on my 99. Just a little bit of rub when I turned all the way. The tires are for sale if you are interested. Almost brand new.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
truck is stock bone stock. Not planning on doing any lift etc to it. Its fine the way it is for now lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I wouldn't go any bigger than 285. Mine fit perfect but will rub when turning and the suspension flexed. Plus the factory wheel is only 7 inches wide, so if you go any wider it will cause tire wear issues.

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i just saw a truck yesterday that had 315's on them. the truck gets a lot of miles so I would like to keep tire wear to a min.

·
Edward Scissorhand WanaB
1,995 Posts
Go with a 285/75/13 load range E on a stock wheel. Rotate them regular basis and you should be able to wear them evenly. I am on my second set of 285/75/16 BFG/AT on stock Lariat wheels. I have been able to get every bit of 40,000 miles + out of them. The last set when pulled I gave to a friend who put them on his Chevy rust bucket pickup truck.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I recommend a 285/75/16 as well. You don't want to got too wide on stock wheels. Need a price on tires let me know.

Sent from Holderdown Performance mobile command center

1 - 8 of 8 Posts