Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you guys run your trucks wide open?? And for how long??? What are the risks of running it wide open??? Let's hear what you got..Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
hes going for the cross country police chase wide open all the way

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,356 Posts
Whatever you decide, wait until the engine is completely warmed up before you romp on it. In my mind the biggest issue is the boost if you are not studded.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No guys I'm not running from the law these days lol .... I was just curious what these 6.0's will take before failure.. I'm studded deleted running a SCT trans tune the most boost I've ever seen on my scangauge is 27psi...thanks

·
Banned
328 Posts
No guys I'm not running from the law these days lol .... I was just curious what these 6.0's will take before failure.. I'm studded deleted running a SCT trans tune the most boost I've ever seen on my scangauge is 27psi...thanks
27? Thats it ive seen 36 on stock turbo.
I believe that is the limit for stock turbo.

Anyways I run mine qt the track allmost every weekend in the summer. Also when I had to get to the hospital I was pegged out for prolly 5mins straight. All I had then was:
Studs, delete, tuned, lifted, bigbtires.
Still running strong

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't romp on it and you will have turbo underboost codes. Romp on it to much and it will have overboost codes lol.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Anything over 32 on a stock turbo is inefficient.

I run mine WOT daily. Only issue is how strong the trans is... LOL

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@miller.. how long you hold it wide open each time ??? Is there a limit to how long you should hold it wide open ??? And is there a limit to how often???

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'll do 3/4 or so throttle sometimes getting on the highway to cycle the VGT parts through the full range and reduce throttle once the VGT does its thing. I rarely ever go WOT, I don't usually have a reason to. It's a 9,000lbs brick, the opposite of a sports car (although it does sound good). I don't know about the limits, but everyone says EGT is important to pay attention to if you want to keep it mashed for a long period of time.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
@miller.. how long you hold it wide open each time ??? Is there a limit to how long you should hold it wide open ??? And is there a limit to how often???
Ill keep my foot in it till either I hit 100 (dont trust my driveshaft LOL) or my EGT's get over 2K. The limits all depend on other factors, tune, injectors, etc...
U told me 36??
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, I told you that before Jesse and I did some testing on mine.
I'll do 3/4 or so throttle sometimes getting on the highway to cycle the VGT parts through the full range and reduce throttle once the VGT does its thing. I rarely ever go WOT, I don't usually have a reason to. It's a 9,000lbs brick, the opposite of a sports car (although it does sound good). I don't know about the limits, but everyone says EGT is important to pay attention to if you want to keep it mashed for a long period of time.
You can run 1,250 EGT's all day if you need to. 1,400 for less then 5 mins. And 1,800 for less then 5 seconds or so.

Watch your VGT duty cycle if you can. See if you can get it to 10%

1 - 16 of 16 Posts