Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you are running the wicked wheel chime in and let me know what you think of it, did it cure your turbo surge?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
My truck came with one no surge for me, but stock injectors.
Not familar with yours, but should handle what your pmrs can.

Check classified sec under perf and or engine there were a couple there.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
ww did not help me on my stocker with stock sticks and just a tune

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
How heavy did you tow, high altitude?
Never surged mine even with big oil, or towing 12k..but that was mostly flat,
Down I 95. From md to sc. Another e99 guy warned me of more mods, mainly big inj causing it...then again go too big and your egts won't be happy and want more air.

I would ask bean, di or whoever is gona tune for you or sell you your next part.
Doing both will make it louder and loose some psi. Good to some but will get old on long trips.

If i'd had to guess the ww, or xwheel works maybe 70% the ats 90%.
But 50to 99 bucks vs 275to 400+ for the ats.
(Used and new prices)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna do a 38r eventually so I'm thinking the x wheel is the route I'm going to take as a temp fix for a year to save up for the 38r. What does it take to install it do I have to remove the turbo?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any loss in boost and has anyone put it in themselves? What's required for install?

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Any loss in boost and has anyone put it in themselves? What's required for install?
The WW is a little less efficient... Not a big deal, if you want it, get it... It's not a big modification.

If you're pulling the turbo, I'd get some new o-rings if it's the first time. But other than that, no.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i'm going to order the x wheel from xtremediesel.com tonight I think it will be a good bandaid till I can by a 38r!!!

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Running the Wicked Wheel with the Van Turbo for @ 4 years, no surge pulling our 31' 5th wheel to the Smokey Mtns, Black Hills & the Rockies. Has worked well for me.

X2 on the O-Rings - definitely a good thing to do while you are in there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Besides the warm feeling inside and whistle it was a waist of time for me.

I do however make attempts to dial in that sweet spot whistle at 16psi when passing "other" trucks. I guess it was worth it.:D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i lied i got the wicked wheel from a local diesel shop will be installing tomorrow!!!!! i will let all know of any improvements

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
i lied i got the wicked wheel from a local diesel shop will be installing tomorrow!!!!! i will let all know of any improvements
It don't really matter what the wheel is called,thier all the same,but you'll like it.:D

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Let us know the results

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Installed ww!!! No more surge believe it or not I am also stoked it only took about an hour to install!! Thanks to a YouTube video it was a very simple install. Went for a good cruise and mashed on it hard could not get it to surge I was only getting about 23 lbs of boost before the wheel and I didn't seem to lose any after. But problem solved with a cool little whine to go with it

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Besides the warm feeling inside and whistle it was a waist of time for me.

I do however make attempts to dial in that sweet spot whistle at 16psi when passing "other" trucks. I guess it was worth it.:D
Came stock on my truck but if you are gonna pass someone get it up to 26-27 psi

1 - 20 of 25 Posts