Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok been reading alot bout the 1.0 housing from beans and the wicked wheel so called upgrade vs the sd wheel. i have a 1996 ford f-350 7.3l. now the more i read bout all the the more i get confused. apparently these trucks come stock with the "wicked" wheel (true/false?) i have heard of guys putting the sd wheel in there stock turbo and increasing boost. so my question is which is better to put the sd wheel into it vs the stock "wicked" wheel and would the sd wheel work with the 1.0 beans housing?

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
This question would be better off in the OBS section.

1.00 is just a quick spool meaning the boost come on sooner, if ya want more boost I would go with bigger injectors. But at the same time more boost doesnt mean more power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
changed over to obs section ty

·
Registered
635 Posts
The SD wheel is more aggressive and flows more air. I run both the SD wheel and 1.00 housing.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have my stock turbo wheel leftover in great shape if you want....I'll just do a trade with you if you want it....I want another wicked wheel for my van turbo I just bought. that is if the 94-97 wheel is the same as a wicked wheel on the superduties...I've heard that they are. if anyone knows please chime in.

Chad

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i appreciate the offer tonka but i already have a full superduty turbo as a spare that i can pull the wheel from. now if i where to change the wheel does that mean the assembly needs rebalanced? i have heard this has to be done but am not sure. to be honest i dont know all that much bout rebuilding or modifying the turbos.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I did not rebalance mine and it works great. it took about an hour to swap the wheel and 30 minutes of that was going to the store to buy a new air compressor cause mine died.

Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts