Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what everyone's thoughts on the wicked wheel or riff raff billet wheel for the 38R were? Is it worth the $200 dollar price range for one?

I'm currently planning the following mods with the 38R:
High flow exhaust housing
EBPV delete Pedestal
Riff raff inter cooler boots
Frx fuel return

And later on:
Valair kevlar/ceramic clutch
IH up pipes
200cc 30% rosewood hybrids

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
I didn't do a before and after run on mine. I installed the wheel before I put the turbo on. But I think it is a worth addition. Spool is instant, 1:1 back pressure to boost ratio, and makes the turbo stock quiet.
Dyno plots show a 15-20hp increase.

·
REDSTROKE188
10 Posts
Damn! First I heard of this. Everything I read said the 38r was noisy! I would not of thought that wheel would make it quieter. I have everything on your list except the injectors and just ordered a new center cartridge, Ebpv delete,and Ebpv delete housing. All because I didn't want the whistle! Oh well.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
It's got a slight whistle, but not any louder than my stock turbo was with the original WW. It's very pleasant. I honestly wish it had slightly more whistle. Best thing is that the howl is gone.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ive heard of people re-balancing the turbo after installing a new wheel. Im sure its not necessary, but is it recommended? Anyone had problems?

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
The billet wheels should come balanced. So it shouldn't be a worry.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What about surging? Y'all experience any with a ww2 in your 38r? Saw a few posts a while back about 38r turbos surging with wicked wheels but I can't find any definitive answers in the posts I've found through searching.

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
The "old" 38r surged. I don't think the "new" ones do nearly as much. There is ZERO surge with the WW2 in all of its applications based on testing that's been done from what I've read. ZERO surge on my stock turbo and 38r running a WW2.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i guess while im doing it, ill do it right the first time and throw a wheel in it

·
POWER Junkie
330 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts