Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have developed an oil leak in the valley on 2000 F350 6spd truck. Truck has just a tad over 100k miles. I figure that while I am in there sealing stuff up I should go ahead and install wicked wheel 2. Ive got turbo surge I would like to clear up. So while I am ordering parts, what other preventative maintenance parts should I order from dieselsite while I am working in the valley?

So far my list is:

WW2 with turbo pedestal O-rings
Complete HPOP and IPR O-Ring Set 1994-2003 7.3L
High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) Repair Plug
Compressor outlet seal

Thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
Rebuild the turbo with a 360 rebuild so it won't have to be done down the road since you will be pulling it to do the pedi o rings also with a rebuild it comes with pedistal o rings and compressor housing o rings and turbo to pedistal o rings

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
How hard is it to put the 360 bearings in a turbo?
It was easier rrebuilding the turbo then it was to get it out or back in..two great videos on youtube.

And that ebpv rod can suck an egg.

·
Registered
853 Posts
It was easier rrebuilding the turbo then it was to get it out or back in..two great videos on youtube.

And that ebpv rod can suck an egg.
Ebpv rod sucks

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I second the rebuild. I did the 360 rebuild a little bit ago, very simple. RiffRaff diesel has a great writeup with pictures.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I rebuilt the 01 excursion turbo with 360 bearing kit. I got it from barder turbo (I think that is the correct spelling), around
$98 or $89, anyways that was shipped and was like 2 days and I had it. Good price and service

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rebuild the turbo with a 360 rebuild so it won't have to be done down the road since you will be pulling it to do the pedi o rings also with a rebuild it comes with pedistal o rings and compressor housing o rings and turbo to pedistal o rings
What are the pros to the 360 kit compared to the stock? Im ordering delete pedestal/wheel as well and plan on rebuilding the turbo. Im also leaning on a 1.0 housing as well.

Thoughts on the bigger housing?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
James Barder will sell you a 360° rebuild for $93. Ask for a used 1.0 non-wastegated exhaust housing for $150. You'll need a van flange (used ????$$$) or high flow outlet $100-150.
Call [email protected] DieselOrings .......he is awesome.
Fuel bowl rebuild $19-22
Fuel pressure regulator rebuild $ 62
CCV orings $6.40
Oil fill oring $1.60
Under valve cover hpop rail drain orings $5.40
Do .50¢ mod on wire plug. Google it.
Fuel line to cylinder head orings(may come in bowl kit)
I would leave your hpop alone. IPR orings maybe.

Remove AIH from spyder and install NPT plug.
While valve covers are off new MOTORCRAFT glow plugs $80-110.
Bob has Rancor (motorcraft) fuel filters for $18. Free shipping on orders over $100.

Dynoproven.com has bellowed up pipes for $250 & $400 ceramic coated inside and out. Check amazon also.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You can leave stock EBPV on turbo if you wire it open. You would only replace the turbo pedastal with a blank. I cut rivots from flapper shaft, removed shaft, insert shaft into hole flush, marked it, cut it flush, then welded it. I also welded my wastegate closed (BOOST). A
1.0 a/r or 1.15 housing are non wastegated requiring a high flow outlet. A 1.0 wastegated housing is available for a lot of $$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts