Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on doing a set of stage ones soon and i was wondering wich injectors yall perfor. i would still like to tow because i do tow once or twice every week or so on the farm in the spring and summer when its busy. i was looking for a cost friendly set up i know of jim at roosewood with the DIY kit but i wasnt realy trying to do a DIY so let me know.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im pretty sure the baby swamps have a 30 over nozel but could be wrong

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
I believe that you'll wish you went with stage 2's

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know that im gona wish i go with stage 2's but im gona be screwed if my turbo takes a dump and if i do that im probley gona have to get a new hpop because im gona be afraid it wont keep up and im gona need a i/c to be safe and prolly need a fuel system so im lookin at another 2,500 to 3,000 dollars worht of mods doing every thing but the turbo DIY for every thing to be right. and i plan on doing all that eventualy but dont have the money now and can run jus about the same set up i have now with ones

·
Dairy Mechanic
2,198 Posts
Like me, no money and big plans.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats very true haha i got a little bit but not that much. but rob this is what i read a while back and was skiming and for some reason i was thinking that.

First 3 digits of model number is maximum flow rate, second 3 digits are nozzle size. Our "30%" nozzles will flow 30% more fuel than the same injector with a stock "146" nozzle; ha i didnt even take the time to read the 146 part then on the babys it even says 150/146 now i feel dumb

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well imean i jus read it i was wrong about the 30 over stock nozzles the babies are 150 with stock nozles wich say flow 146.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
I have 175cc sticks from swamps with stock nozzels and tow all the time. I do have an intercooler and just upgraded to a bigger turbo as well....but I live at much higher altitudes and have some very steep mountain passes I tow as well.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what kinda egt's are you hiting with the 175's

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
On tow settings with stock turbo I could push it to 1300* with 12K in tow on long steep grades. Extreme I could push past 1400* on 1/4 mile runs. EGT's I thought were pretty managable for what I would call average towing...6-8K on "hilly" terrain. I am going on a good trip this weekend with new tunes from Beans and my bigger turbo and I should be able to pass anything I want and still have good EGT's.

·
'' fukin boosten''
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ok thats not so bad thanks man what do you think bout those sticks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts