Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as i sit here and read post after post after post, day after day after day, I ask myself. Self why with all of these problems myself and all of these folks on here have had with these superduty trucks, why we still hold on to them and dont just push em to the dump for scrap.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
cause mines the best truck I ever had and once I dealt with the issues I have had no more probs
I knew exactly what I was getting into and I Made Ford fix them while under warranty

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Because GM and Dodge tend to be more problematic. And my 6.0 has been the most trouble free truck IVe ever owned.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
You only hear of the problems. Chevy and Dodge have just as many. Also Ford has more diesels out than Chevy and Dodge put together! And Ford builds a better chassis than either Chevy or Dodge!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
So as i sit here and read post after post after post, day after day after day, I ask myself. Self why with all of these problems myself and all of these folks on here have had with these superduty trucks, why we still hold on to them and dont just push em to the dump for scrap.
Are you a member on any other forum besides a ford forum?
Jump on some other brand forums and continue reading post after post after post, day after day after day.

·
Dino
66 Posts
Are you a member on any other forum besides a ford forum?
Jump on some other brand forums and continue reading post after post after post, day after day after day.
Very good point. My 04 after the EGR Delete is still ticking away. And the cab is roomy, the chasie has ... is doing great. Wish I got better mileage but guess I cant have it all. I had a duramax, dodge. Still like my Ford the best. Dino

·
Registered
520 Posts
Because even with all it's inherent design flaws, it looks better getting you from point A to B than a Dodge or GM ever could. They are just beautiful machines. And with a little massaging under the hood, they can be made into very reliable trucks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
because when my 2004 superduty got t boned by a gravel truck waying in at 58,500kg at 90km/h in the drivers side. (just in front of my door) i walked away. the gravel truck was on its side i was on my wheels. its (in my eyes) the safest vehical i have ever driven. and i will never buy anything but.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Because even with all it's inherent design flaws, it looks better getting you from point A to B than a Dodge or GM ever could. They are just beautiful machines. And with a little massaging under the hood, they can be made into very reliable trucks.
especially those new dodge bodies, what the hell were they thinking, that has to be the ugliest truck ive ever seen...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont know bro, I had an 01 250 7.3 that I loved, made a mistake and sold it,so when I got to where I could buy another diesel I found my 07 with 23k on it and jumped on it. My truck is bone stock right now with 42k on it runs like a top havent had a hiccup ,im getting 17.5 mpg and have done nothing to it except switch to 5w 40 amsoil and clean the egr . In between i had a dodge 2500 4x4 gasser with the 360 , what a POS ! Nothing but issues,nickle and diming me to death. I read all the bad news too, so I guess I should knock on wood, but I agree with everything the other guys said , I love my 350

·
matt
911 Posts
:lame::psnb:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Sometimes I wonder the same thing, but I love my truck and if I sold it I would hate myself every time I drove past one. Its like "if that guy can deal with all the BS of owning a diesel, why cant I?" Not to mention mine has been trouble free so far :ford: (knock on wood).

·
Registered
41 Posts
To the OP, if you're taking yours to the dump, I'll gladly take it off yer hands. :bowfast:

Heck, I'll even come and get it from you. PM me and we'll set it up.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
My buddies Chevy has been in the shop and left him stranded many times due to injectors,injector harnesses. I wouldn't trade mine for Nothin!!!!!

·
so many trees
281 Posts
i love my rig. 205k of on an 01 with auto. shifts firm. only problem ive had was a hub assembly and my rear rotors being old. engine starts hot or cold every time. ill keep this beast till i cant run it anymore.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is my 2nd 04 and I will keep it as long as possible, and when I need another I will buy the best 6.0 that I can find, someone once said something about the devil that you know... I do not have the patience to learn the ins and outs of a different kind of truck. I 2nd the safety reasoning, My wife and kinds roll in an excursion v-10 Fuel is cheaper than Hospitalization or worse.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts