Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have the dieselsite kit works good and installed it fairly quick. the 25 k was over exaggerated. I have had 4 gasket jobs done in 190k miles first was stock, second was no milling of head and arp studs, third was milling of head and studs were done again but studs never got over 180 lbs or tq on them, luckily the ford dealer mechanic who did it actually admitted that he didnt tq them down to arp standards, and the last time i had heads, block, and pistons machined so there was no chance in failure, this time i used black onyx gaskets and arp studs and i was losing coolant within 25k miles! It seems to be holding strong right now but i put a newer motor stock gaskets and arps this time!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
going through the records i did have an oil cooler put on the 3rd time and the mechanic checked it this time. I had the filter on about 5k miles before i changed it, a bit long for the first time but none the less alot of gunk

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Well I would stick with OEM gaskets only, it's been more recently people are discovering issues with the black onyx. They're the incorrect thickness. If you do it again, go OEM gaskets, ARP's torqued to spec and make sure those heads are flat!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i had the coolant flushed and went back with stock gaskets and arp's this time, i didnt know about the black onyx until after they were put on, if they are doing this on alot of 6.0 i think they should stop selling them or reimburse us for the gasket repair. I spent close to 6500 on my last gasket failure!

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
i had the coolant flushed and went back with stock gaskets and arp's this time, i didnt know about the black onyx until after they were put on, if they are doing this on alot of 6.0 i think they should stop selling them or reimburse us for the gasket repair. I spent close to 6500 on my last gasket failure!

Holy smokes how d you spend 6500? I got new sticks studs and gaskets took it to a shop they put it in milled the head all in all spent 4k.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
most of it was labor, i had to have my block pistons and head shaved so dissasembling the motor is what took the most time!

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
Ahh gotcha yea that makes sence

·
crazy cunuck
266 Posts
I have had my heads done about 30k kms ago. Haven't had any problems with it. I have black onyx with arp head studs. The dealer did it for me and it set me back about 3000 CDN$. The reason why it was that expensive was because I had to replace a head that was 1200$. I have towed loads up to 25000lbs in my xtreme tune from innovative and all I good.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Anyone use the dfuser kit?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts