Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know where too look first. foot through the floor or driving mrs. daisy MPG doesnt change. about 8.5-9 . any ideas would help. i dont know a ton about diesels yet, this being my first. so thats why i dont even know where to start looking. as far as mods go, bone stock, egdge evo, 4'' cat back no muffler. napa filter. its an auto with a 6'' lift 35's thanks alot!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 7.3, i idle it in the morning when its cold out. the high idle SCREAMS! sounds like is wasting alot of fuel to me

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
its a 7.3, i idle it in the morning when its cold out. the high idle SCREAMS! sounds like is wasting alot of fuel to me
Yeah, I get about 10-12 mpg in the winter.. But I am running 4wd more and letting it idle more often. Summer time I get 14-16 mpg. 8-9 sounds low to me though for sure.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
How long are you letting it idle? And that scream is normal. Just the back pressure valve closing to help warm it up quicker. You might have leaky uppipes to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
idle for 5-10 minutes 10 at the most i drive about 3/4 of a mile to work. dont drive it at work

·
852 Posts
Driving conditions make a lot of difference. If you fire it up in the morning and let it warm up 10 min to do a 10 min drive through the city to work and back then no wonder ur getting 8mpg. But if your warming it up for 10 min to make a 30 min highway drive then something is wrong. I let mine warm up for ~7 min and then take off easy and average 15mpg in the winter with half highway and half city. All highway and i get 22mpg.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its real cold, those nice chicago winters. i change the oil every 4k , not sure about the previous owner but he ''said'' he also did

·
852 Posts
Well yeah if your just driving that far you are actually getting pretty good mpg. Warm it up, get some fuel, drive 50 miles on the highway and fuel up and see what it gets then. Be closer to 20 im sure

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it smokes white on start up for a few seconds if not plugged in when cold, but if its plugged in, no smoke at all.. but she puffs a bunch of black when u step on it

1 - 20 of 50 Posts