Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to loose it guys! My calipers keep freezing up every 6 or so months. I don't know what to do! I replace the calipers, I've flushed the whole system to get any gunk out, replaced the rear brake line because it was rusty as hell.... I can't figure it out and every time one locks up I smoke a set of pads and warp a caliper....

What keeps causing this repeatedly ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been damn near every one at one point (and when one went out I always replaced both on that axle.

They seem to just not release fully. Also have really weird brakes, if I slam on the pedal it's super stiff at first then the pedal gets soft and nosedives...

·
Registered
486 Posts
What kind of slide pin grease you using? If none.....there you go! To much is not good either.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
^exactly. O.p. said nothing about greasing the slide pins. I've seen it over and over, they get dry and start to stick

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry the post was short because I wrote a whole long post and then the app crashed and I lost it....

It's the caliper pistons that fail EVERY time, one piston freezes up. Nothing to do with the slide pins which are greased properly... What the hell is up with my calipers

·
Registered
616 Posts
where are you getting replacements? Some of the cheap remans are prone to fail

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Advance auto parts and oriellys

Note this time the caliper didn't freeze permanently, when I started the truck to move it into the garage the brakes where normal. Could this mean master cylinder

·
Registered
616 Posts
Master will cause all to stick, not just one. Sounds like another bad caliper. I replaced my rears with remans, about 2 months later, one went bad again, replaced under warranty and been good since(2 years)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts