Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every truck pull I've ever been to Ford's don't do diddly poo at it doesn't matter if its a IDI or a new 6.7 they just don't ever place well.

Dodges seem to pull fairly well plus they cheapest to up the power & they don't seem to hop bad.

Chevys from what I've seen seem to scream & rarely hope & have a stout setup even with ifs & the Allison.

Ford's just seem to hop like crazy & don't really go anywhere.

That's just what I've seen from both real life & Videos.

We're not talking 3.0 class just mostly Stock

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
More and more 6.4s entering the 2.6 classes sponsored by Lucas Oil.

It all comes down to $

I built my E 99 to pull at the local level (mostly for fun, 500+ hp)
I'd average over 30 hooks a season between Illinois/ Illinois beat ALOT of cummins/dmax trucks. But I got beat too. Every tracks different, just depends whose trucks setup best for conditions

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not saying they can't pull well just from my observations around here in Pa & from the videos I've seen they just don't pull as well cause they hope really bad even with bars

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
link these videos

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on a phone but YouTube search diesel truck sled pulling. Just watch any videos of 5:00 or longer & watch the Ford's either A they don't pull that far or B they hop terrible

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Just go to that same youtube and search 7.3 full pull, 6.0 full pull, etc...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My 95, granted stock class and I mean stock. They're harda$$ with the rules up here. I still run a mild tune on my chip. Stock drivetrain and I have never hop once. Took third last year also. Guy in a couple towns over I believe he had a 6.7 in the 2.6 class and he pulled great till the driveshaft decided it had enough. It's all in what you've got for money and how you've got your truck set up. A lot of trucks that pull in the 2.6 classes the front tires are just about flat, and they have 1000 pounds hanging in the front.

A 6.0 that I know of runs in the pure stock as well and talk about hop!! But then you see a duramax go through like it's nothing. But if you look at the front of a duramax they sit pretty low, at least it looks it to me. The brand new ones seem to sit higher though.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just saying I'm viewing trucks all in the same day same surface & it seems that generally Ford's have the hardest time doing good. Sure every make has plenty of full pulls but I'm talking same night same track out of the big 3 Ford's don't do as good.

Wanna see something that can really pull Search Big Bud Sled pull. 2 full weight sleds & 1 maybe 2 farm tractors included as well.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
from the factory there is no difference in the rear suspension between ford chev dodge.
maybe the ford guys in your area arent as setup as the dodges as it really doesnt make sense to run anything but a commonrail or mechanical if you want to do well.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I'm talking just work stock & I've seen videos from all over the USA.

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The one thing I notice more of Ford's is front wheel hop. It's violent looking at times.
I'm not saying only Fords have it but the majority is Fords

·
Registered
405 Posts
The one thing I notice more of Ford's is front wheel hop. It's violent looking at times.
I'm not saying only Fords have it but the majority is Fords
It's due to the front suspension design (coil spring setup) that they hop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts