Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many to choose from! Next week I will be ordering a trans temp/ pyro gauges from diesel manor and I also wanna order a chip. The mods that I have done are: diy6637 intake, 3" down pipe, gutted the cat/res and removed the muffler. 35" tall tires.

Ive heard there is somebody in amity, oregon who can burn tunes on a ts chip?

I understand I'm only going to get what horsepower my AA injectors are capable of being stock.

Trucks use: Daily driver, a little hotrodin, might tow 10k lbs 4-5 times a yr, and impressing the ladies!

Which chip? Who's tunes? Who does local chip burning in Oregon? Should I get custom tunes for my mods? Would I be happy with basic tunes on a TS chip?

Would like to stay around the $300 mark for chip and tunes. Thanks!

·
BrownBrothersPullingTeam
361 Posts
So many to choose from! Next week I will be ordering a trans temp/ pyro gauges from diesel manor and I also wanna order a chip. The mods that I have done are: diy6637 intake, 3" down pipe, gutted the cat/res and removed the muffler. 35" tall tires.

Ive heard there is somebody in amity, oregon who can burn tunes on a ts chip?

I understand I'm only going to get what horsepower my AA injectors are capable of being stock.

Trucks use: Daily driver, a little hotrodin, might tow 10k lbs 4-5 times a yr, and impressing the ladies!

Which chip? Who's tunes? Who does local chip burning in Oregon? Should I get custom tunes for my mods? Would I be happy with basic tunes on a TS chip?

Would like to stay around the $300 mark for chip and tunes. Thanks!

All of our trucks are tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive Performance, he's a sponsor on here, but out of Texas, his tunes are great, and worth the money, chip is a ts 6 position $465 plus shipping, with lifetime Re-Burns. as far as custom tunes on a stock truck, id ask your chip burner, but Swamps is the only ones i know of that did custom tuning on stock trucks...good luck, hope this helps....

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
All of our trucks are tuned by Matt @ Gearhead Automotive Performance, he's a sponsor on here, but out of Texas, his tunes are great, and worth the money, chip is a ts 6 position $465 plus shipping, with lifetime Re-Burns. as far as custom tunes on a stock truck, id ask your chip burner, but Swamps is the only ones i know of that did custom tuning on stock trucks...good luck, hope this helps....
Any tuner can do tunes on a stock truck.

We carry TS, Gearhead, Swamps and Tony Wildman tunes.

·
OEM Moderator
9,379 Posts
Nice looking truck. I run and like DP-Tuner. The other guys are good as well.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Too many to choose from and in the end you'll basically just have to try them all to see which one works best for YOU.

I have ran PHP, Gearhead, DPP, and BTS. They all have their strong points. I kept switching because I wanted better and better trans tuning. For me the best tuning came with Cale Thompson of BTS now from Tyrant Diesel.

Being in Oregon and wanting to stay local, check with Irate Diesel. I think he's in Oregon and may be the one in Amity that you've heard of. IIRC when I sent my mount to him it was addressed to Amity.

Tuners to look into...
Swamps
Beans
PHP (bill cohron)
Tyrant (Cale T.)
Gearhead (Matt R.)
And many more but, those are the most popular.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered a Phoenix chip from Power Hungry, can't wait till it gets here!!

My choice of tunes:
HI 1100
80 DD
100 P
120 R
65 MT
SS

Should be a little more fun to drive! And yes i understand.. ya cant get all that power with stock injectors, but I'm still gonna have fun:rockon:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Too many to choose from and in the end you'll basically just have to try them all to see which one works best for YOU.

I have ran PHP, Gearhead, DPP, and BTS. They all have their strong points. I kept switching because I wanted better and better trans tuning. For me the best tuning came with Cale Thompson of BTS now from Tyrant Diesel.

Being in Oregon and wanting to stay local, check with Irate Diesel. I think he's in Oregon and may be the one in Amity that you've heard of. IIRC when I sent my mount to him it was addressed to Amity.

Tuners to look into...
Swamps
Beans
PHP (bill cohron)
Tyrant (Cale T.)
Gearhead (Matt R.)
And many more but, those are the most popular.
I tried Irate, left voicemail. Never heard anything back... And thanks for the complement Tom S.

·
Powerstrokin 420
23 Posts
I have an 01 7.3 intake exhaust wicked wheel turbo housing boost fooler and a bts tranny and what a ts 6 position who does good custom tunes.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Is powerstroke420 saying he has an 01 superduty or put an 01 superduty intake onto his OBS 7.3?? That may be the confusion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.