Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
It's that 7.3 pulling truck with a Mack P-pump on it....can't remember who owns it.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
I believe his name is Ben? I talked to him a good bit and pretty much crawled into one turbo and out the other at Indy. He was quick to clarify that it is NOT a mack pump. It is some kind of P-pump that never had anything to do with mack. He said ask Dan if you want to know what pump it is.

Heads, crank and block are 7.3 though.

It is a very cool truck. I love hearing a 7.3 making power up top.

On Edit:

After watching the video in that link it doesn't look like Double Overtime unless that was early on before he did a lot of work to the truck itself, like light blue paint, 05 tilt up front clip, wastegate dump through the hood, first stage compressor inlet velocity stack poking through the grill and all.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
To the post two above this one:

That's not "Double Overtime". And it's surprising to see the single stage turbocharging on an engine like that. But very well executed. Beautiful layout on the intake/charger setup.

To the post just above this one:

That is not a mack pump. He was very quick to clarify that when I talked to him. He said ask Dan if you want to know what it is, but it has nothing to do with mack. But that is the "Double Overtime" truck.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Just so everyone see this, half of this thread is talking about Double Overtime, and half is talking about another mechanical truck thinking it's Double Overtime.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
So it is a Mechanicaly injected truck, but NOT COMMON Rail? (Suppose I need to learn a bit more about anything NOT HEUI,,lol

And that vid from TDG wont work, TDG must have CRASHED HARD, because it has been down alll freeeking day!
Trying to find out something about a :rolleyes:Dodge:rolleyes: for a good friend of mine in the Guard, he got a good deal on a 94 12valve, and wants me to help put gauges on it. Need to know the best places to install the trans temp, (auto) Boost, and of course which side (Drivers or passenger) is the best to do the Pyro, pre turbo,, :D:D:D
Drill/tap the manifold? right above the output I suppose?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Since the Cummins is an inline engine you will have to install the pyro on the rigth side of the engine unless you turn the engine around backwards. Install the pyro pre-turbo, easy spot is just behind the turbo mounting flange. There are extra 1/8" pipe thread ports in the intake manifold for the boost.

High Pressure Common Rail are not mechancial injection systems. The two trucks above use mechanical injection pumps similar to the one in your friends 94 Dodge (that was the first year for the P-7100 pumped 12v).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jim
We just went through that, it's not TDG. Its your puter.

·
Corona Killa
1,727 Posts
I think the owners name is Billy Zimmer that is what it said on youtube when you click to read more.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
double overtime pump might be a cat pump
and just for clarification, double overtime has a v-pump, not a p-pump.
that black truck is sick though

1 - 20 of 56 Posts