Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is best at whoring this thing out? I know elite offers the VGT SS upgrade. I was looking at getting a complete turbo from black widow, do they do mods on the stock as well? anyone else do mods on the stock? im not sure that i want to put a complete new turbo in my truck. i just want to get into the 13s with my truck, stage 1 injectors and stage 1 fuel system would be other mods to go along with the new air....any ideas?

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Give Tadd a call at Elite, and call Brian at Black Widow... Both can set you up.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
how far into the 13s are u looking to go? if high 13s are ur goal i would try some different tuners. if that doesnt get u there try a stage one fuel system.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im running dj's stuff right now...without my limited slip working and a fairly good launch im in the mid 14s...thats being really modest with my right foot cause if not i spin my right wheel to about 35 lol

i want to be in mid to lower 13s. i dont want to fork over that much cash for a turbo and complete fuel system cause i am not THAT serious...i just like to go fast on weekends and on 35s with a 6 inch lift (is that possible?) part of me wanting to go fast is also a bet with my dad cause he was into muscle cars and i bet him i could get to mid to low 13s.

i already spoke with brian at black widow when i got my original prices for turbo, fuel system, injectors etc. etc. maybe i can see if they want to develope a kit to mod a stock turbo to appeal to a different customer who doesnt want to spend as much? idk what R&D would have to go into it but i imagine ceramic coating and different wheels, ball bearings etc etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
i hear long island diesel does an upgrade to an o3 style wheel for cheaper than elite around a grand rather than 2 grand for pretty much the same thing
I believe they are called long island diesel performance specialize in 6.0

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
i hear long island diesel does an upgrade to an o3 style wheel for cheaper than elite around a grand rather than 2 grand for pretty much the same thing
I believe they are called long island diesel performance specialize in 6.0

I am sure most here know to be very careful with Long Island Diesel...

And I can tell you right now that LIPD does nothing compared to what Elite Diesel does...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sure most here know to be very careful with Long Island Diesel...

And I can tell you right now that LIPD does nothing compared to what Elite Diesel does...
elite is going through growing pains right now :confused: so im going to wait till i start hearin a little bit better things first.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
elite is going through growing pains right now :confused: so im going to wait till i start hearin a little bit better things first.
Have you called in the last few weeks? I have talked to Tadd, Garret, Brandon, and they have some new girl there... Cant place her name... Growing pains over...

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Have you called in the last few weeks? I have talked to Tadd, Garret, Brandon, and they have some new girl there... Cant place her name... Growing pains over...
The girls names are Lisa and Tamara. But they have afew more PPL working for them now and are becoming much easier to get ahold of. Dan and Shawn can help you out as well.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Tamara I know... Tadds wife... Lisa... thats the one with the myspace page...LOL

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sounds like you need some slicks and run a shoot of NOS.

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
thought about swapping to a limited slip diff?

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^ ordered my new one, getting it put in next tuesday 11/6

i was going to get a turbonetics..the owner lives down the street from my dad and i have friends that work there- specs arent the best and would have to have bwd set them up anyways. im not that serious into it so i was just going to mod my stock one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If its not tooo late, get some more info on the Industrial Injection HYPO model VGT. I have been riding mine now for over 2months. Last week it put out 463 hp on stock fuel system with just tuning, intake, exhaust, and head studs. My EGT peaked at 1202 degrees. The sound is great and the price was even better compared to tadds. 1450.00. Give larry and patrick a call at Discount Power Parts for more info. I had my new turbo in like 3-4 days from ordering it. If you want to ask some more questions about it pm me your # and i can call you.

Doug

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
If its not tooo late, get some more info on the Industrial Injection HYPO model VGT. I have been riding mine now for over 2months. Last week it put out 463 hp on stock fuel system with just tuning, intake, exhaust, and head studs. My EGT peaked at 1202 degrees. The sound is great and the price was even better compared to tadds. 1450.00. Give larry and patrick a call at Discount Power Parts for more info. I had my new turbo in like 3-4 days from ordering it. If you want to ask some more questions about it pm me your # and i can call you.

Doug

Its not the same turbo... Read what has been posted, it maybe a good turbo but it is not the one Elite sells...:blah:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Its not the same turbo... Read what has been posted, it maybe a good turbo but it is not the one Elite sells...:blah:

I didnt remember saying it was the same turbo in my above post. Just another alternative. Everyone here that remembers when i ordered my turbo a while back, i waiting on Elite 1st and after 2 months of no turbo i went elsewheres. Its good that they now have their products moving out on time. Thats just a growing pain with any new company i reckon.

Im sure a 11.51 with Stage 3's and some spray is possibly with any of the aftermarket vgts on the market. It would be a little unrealistic to claim that only possible with tadds though.

Doug

1 - 20 of 27 Posts