Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
<--Under the Knife Again
1,400 Posts
Holy crap that sucks we wont be seeing him on the show for a while he had enuff stress on him already this will drive him deeper.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Damn thats bad. Definately thinking about this guy and his family...

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
i feel sorry for the family, but at the same time (i know im gonna sounds like an d0uchebag here) they should have known better if the dog attacked someone before not to leave her alone with the dogs

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i feel sorry for the family, but at the same time (i know im gonna sounds like an d0uchebag here) they should have known better if the dog attacked someone before not to leave her alone with the dogs
Ya, some thing's just don't make sense. What a shame..

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
thats horrible, prayers to their family, and still I DONT like these types of dogs- I will NEVER trust one. too sad.

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
it said that there was TWO individual attacks.im sure they didnt think that it would happen again.maybe the girl walked out there on her own:shrug:i dont like rotwiellers either

·
Registered
243 Posts
I feel for the family but all this talk about rotty's not being a trusworthy dog pizzes me off. Ya there is the random dog, OF ANY BREED, that will snap and go ape chit on someone or something, they are ANIMAL's they do it. But in 99.9% of dogs it all comes down to the way that the OWNER trained them. I had a rotty from the time I was born until I was about 7 years old and my uncle has had 2 since then and none of them have been bad dogs in any way shape or form. My rotti was 140 lbs at her biggest so she could have done some serious damage if she wanted, and when she was bred both of her litters were something like 5-7 pups and a few of them staid in the family and they were great dogs too. Just because one dog acts out the entire breed of dogs should not be punished, we don't know the entire story about how the dogs were brought up so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. I can't wait to have some extra money cuz that will be my next purchase, I nice pure bred rotti pup if it turn out half as good as my rotti was growing up then I would be extatic.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
my sister when she was about ten years old a lab attacked her and they went to the hospital and she had about 10 stitches but we have our own black lab now and he is the best dog in the world. my little 1 and a half year old nephew climbs all over him all the time and he never growls or barks or anything. he is 4 years old and he has probly only barked 5 times since he was born. it just comes down to how there raised. plus our dog hasnt slept a night outside this year so he is kinda spoiled.

·
Registered
245 Posts
foxracing0934 has it right, its all in the way they are raised and owned. BUT, the difference is when a rot or pit flipout, the damage is major. I hate the argument that a Chiwawa has a worse temperment than a pit, you can kick a Chiwawa away, the pit/rot will kill you.

Jesse is about my age and i have a 19 month old daughter, i cant imagine losing her...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I agree that if a big dog like that tweaks it is usually going to be the dog that comes out on top. There are to many people that can fight off a 100-140lb dog that pure muscle, and sure as hell no kid. But as much as I believe what I said in my first post, I am also a strong believer that once the dog does something like that once it will do it again. And if the owner doesn't take care of the dog then, then it is their fault for not putting the dog down. This dog should have been put down a few weeks before this trajedy happened

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
I agree that if a big dog like that tweaks it is usually going to be the dog that comes out on top. There are to many people that can fight off a 100-140lb dog that pure muscle, and sure as hell no kid. But as much as I believe what I said in my first post, I am also a strong believer that once the dog does something like that once it will do it again. And if the owner doesn't take care of the dog then, then it is their fault for not putting the dog down. This dog should have been put down a few weeks before this trajedy happened
amen to that, they should have shot the dog when it attacked the first person. when i was growing up the neighbors had a rotti and was the nicest dog you have ever met, might lick you to death, but thats about it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
exatly.... exactly. I didn't want to go as far as saying they should have shoot it, but I feel the same way. It happened with my dads cousin, 235lb st. bernard reached out and grabbed the owners son in the stomach, rippin' him wide open. His father got home from work found out what happened, walked outside and shot the dog in the head. Now was that humain, no but you can replace a dog.. You can't replace a son or a daughter or some other human life. No dog is worth the risk. Once they act out the first time put them down, preferably humainly but if it has to be then and now then do whats gotta be done.

Done ranting

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
thats normal around here, if a dog attacks a person or animal, walk out back and dump a couple 12 gauge or.45 rounds into it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts