Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a f350 reg cab long bed auto 4X4 and im wanting to do a zf5 swap i wanted to know if anyone here had a zf5 and wanted to go to an auto. im located in ct if your interested please reply or send me a pm
thanks

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Good luck bud. Many and I do mean many of the guys on here are looking to go that route. I wish I could find someone to buy everything to convert over from. My truck is a lawn ornament right now due to a bad e4od.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn that sucks hope you get it all up and runnin soon, havin a truck down really is a bummer.. even worse having to look at every day and not be able to drive it

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, long story short. im 16 and when i was lookin for a truck i really wanted a standard but my dad talked me out of it. i bought an auto, now working in a body shop and driving lots of different cars/trucks lots of which are standards it made me really want to have one again so i want to convert it mostly because there way more fun to drive etc etc

·
Registered
300 Posts
Give it time...you'll grow out of it.....or get tired of rowing that boat...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
if we were closer i would be willing to do the trade.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You are going to have to trade more than transmissions.
- PCM
- Flywheel
- Radiator
- Trans cooler lines
- Pedals
- Steering column
- Dash (PRND21)
- Interior carpet (matching interior color ????)
- Driveshafts
- Crossmembers

That's just off the top of my head. It'll probably be easier if you find/buy a truck out of the junkyard.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You are going to have to trade more than transmissions.
- PCM
- Flywheel
- Radiator
- Trans cooler lines
- Pedals
- Steering column
- Dash (PRND21)
- Interior carpet (matching interior color ????)
- Driveshafts
- Crossmembers

That's just off the top of my head. It'll probably be easier if you find/buy a truck out of the junkyard.

Billy T.
[email protected]

i know that thats why i wanted to find someone that wanted to do the auto swap so all the parts could be exchanged both ways

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
You will have more money into it than having the auto built.

Get a BTS for 4300ish (whatever they go for now days) and the auto will be twice as strong as th ZF 5 you paid the same amount of money for.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im not conserned about the durability of it the trucks never gonna have a whole lot more power than stock i mostly just want the standard, im not going to lie i have no real practical reason for needing it its just a want. but it is a big want

1 - 14 of 14 Posts