Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock trans is starting to slip on 2/3 shift. Tranny gauge shows it's heating up. OD light started to blink. I'm babying it until my BTS build date at the end of the month.

My question to you is, can you recommend a shop near me to R&R my trans? I'm in SE PA, about 5 min from the DE state line. I called one place already, and they quoted me $525 for the R&R and trans cooler swap (I'm plannning to upgrade to the 6.0 cooler).

Thx,

Eric.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
you can always check with bts to see if they have a dealer close to you.

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Innovative diesel is right in Elkton MD don't know how much help that is.. I could help if you like I'm right in Newark

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Im in Carroll County Maryland, Ive pulled my trans bout a dozon times do far. BTS is the ####tttt!

·
Back in Black
1,379 Posts
Fuel only

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm in the Bear/Newark area and would be willing to lend a hand if need be. Only pulled trans on up armored hmmwv's, but I'd like to learn and give an extra set of hands. PM me for my number if you decide you wanna do it yourself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Waiting to hear back from BTS to see if they have someone to recommend. I imagine they're pretty busy, so I'm not really expecting a call back until build time.

Don;t know much about Innovative diesel, but they are probably 45 min away. Anyone use them for a trans?

I sincerely appreciate offers to help me do it, but due to lack of space/tools/skills/time, probably won't do the swap myself, so going to a shop instead. Plus, the truck's my DD, so can't afford to be down for long. I'm always pleasantly surprised at how quickly folks on this site will jump in and offer unsolicited help. Wish the rest of the world worked this way...I'd think about taking some of you guys up on it just to drool over your rigs,as some of you guys are running some nice setups that I'd eventually like to migrate to.

Onwards.

Eric.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
PM Marty He does work on the side, and they have swapping a tranny down to a science. He's in Elkton, MD.

·
Registered
547 Posts
If you can make it up state college way, we can use my garage, and should have it done in a couple of hours. Couple cases of beer should for afterwards should work well as payment. On the weekend.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
Nice of yaa there rebelchevy and all others that offered.:ford: <<people make the difference.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Personally I would take these guys up on there very generous offers. You mention not having the tools or skill to do it. This woudl be a awesome opportunity for you to pick up some real knowledge and skill on the install and likely while talking you will learn even more in other areas. For a couple cases of beer that's basically free. I see that not only as a way to get your truck up and running in a few hours but a real opportunity to grow your knowledge base.

·
Need a ride.
553 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly to what TARM is saying and you should if you could swing it. The feeling you'll get knowing you did it yourself with others helping, what a learning experience.

·
Got plenty of issues
68 Posts
I asked the same question to BTS twice in the last few months via email with no response.

I would like to see what you get back, I will call when I am "really" ready if no one gets an answer.

I am interested in them, or Suncoast.

·
<< Very Soon
342 Posts
Well the offer stands, I live in Newark have tools and a garage.. plus I have a million dollar view of all the university of Delaware girls seeing how I live next to the dorms. Gather a few more of the local PSNers and we could do a BBQ and maybe work on some other stuff as well. As far as innovative I hear nothing but good things about them, so I wouldn't see the harm of contacting them to see what their rates may be. their NO# is 1-866-642-7844. If that don't work PM me and we will get this done for you:ford:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Diesel Dave 99 in Pottstown used to do BTS installs, don't know if he still does. Some of the guys in Northeast, MD and the West Chester, PA area used to work with Dave. Maybe one of them will chime in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm 100% on board with what TARM and Strokerstooge are saying. I've done most of the work on the truck myself, albeit slowly and painfully figuring things out at times. There's always that satisfaction of doing it yourself, though.

Maybe I should reconsider taking it to a shop? Especially if you think this is only a few hours time. Some of you guys better watch out, you may be hearing from me, although management may put the kibosh on it if she reads DieselDan's post!

I corresponded with Diesel Dave a couple of years ago, after hearing about him through that "other" site. Not sure what he is up to these days. Maybe time to write back?

MoJoe - if I hear anything from BTS on local shops, I'll let you know.

Once again, always impressed with the copious and immediate offers of help on this site! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well the offer stands, I live in Newark have tools and a garage.. plus I have a million dollar view of all the university of Delaware girls seeing how I live next to the dorms. Gather a few more of the local PSNers and we could do a BBQ and maybe work on some other stuff as well. As far as innovative I hear nothing but good things about them, so I wouldn't see the harm of contacting them to see what their rates may be. their NO# is 1-866-642-7844. If that don't work PM me and we will get this done for you:ford:
The garage Im talking about using has a very similar view of the Penn State University girls :eek: :drool::drool:

We got airtools, and a lift too. Its like heaven there. Ive broken and fixed so many things over the years (makes me sound old for a 25 year old) But my KIA list is something like 3 engines, 4 transmissions, 4 transfercases, 4 or 5 axles (cant remember anymore) and those are just the swapouts. Rebuilt plenty more then that haha.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Diesel dan, you ever been to the place were the picture was taken in your avatar? Im pretty sure thats Denny's Pub, in clearfield, pa. Been there quite a few times myself. About 45mins away from me lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts