Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the nicer weather I will be getting the camper out soon. Last year I always switched to the 210 tune for towing. I love the 275 as my DD but was wondering who tows with the 275 and if this will put too much strain on my tranny. I know I can keep an eye on my temps and stuff. Just wondering what most guys do.

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
yeah scott i towed alot last year with the 275 just like the other scott said, you just can hammer it, and try to win the camper towing races, and everything should be good.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I pull a 10k 5th weel camper up some 8% grades in the mountains with the 275 and it does great. The only problem I've had was on one trip my transmission temp got pretty hot because I got behind some slow traffic going up a grade and couldn't go fast enough to keep the TC locked.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i have used the 250 to tow but it was only 6000lbs or so

·
Registered
482 Posts
I usually use the 210 but lately I've tried the 250 and it rolls out real well I thought. Only issue with it surges a bit when in tow haul and the convertor locks. But temps looked good.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
With the nicer weather I will be getting the camper out soon. Last year I always switched to the 210 tune for towing. I love the 275 as my DD but was wondering who tows with the 275 and if this will put too much strain on my tranny. I know I can keep an eye on my temps and stuff. Just wondering what most guys do.

how much weight are you planning on towing? with the 6000lbs and the 250 tune i had to keep looking back to see if the load was still back there, haha!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My camper is only about 4500 lbs. I am gonna go with the 275. Heading up to Glendo this June and I'll be double trailering my buddy's boat and ATV trailer. Not sure on the weight with that combo. My buddy doesn't want to try it with his Titan! Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I tow my 27 ft. camper in the 275 without any issues. The hills in central TX can get the EGTs up there though if you try to keep your speed at 85.

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
My camper is only about 4500 lbs. I am gonna go with the 275. Heading up to Glendo this June and I'll be double trailering my buddy's boat and ATV trailer. Not sure on the weight with that combo. My buddy doesn't want to try it with his Titan! Thanks for the input guys.
You will be plenty fine scotty. There arent that many hills between there and glendo, and your not towing that much weight, your going to love how that tune tows i promise. The only thing i recomend to people is watch your oil and coolant temps, egts are easy enough to control with your foot.

·
UA local 761
214 Posts
Not to derail but whats a good tune to run for a long drive not towing? Im driving from so cal to las vegas in a couple of weeks and want to get good mpg.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Its a pretty open and straght run from Fo Co to Glendo I say your fine just watch your temps

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
How many Mpg are you guys seeing?

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Both and how much are you towing? Sorry for the hyjack!!
I don't tow with my truck. But I have hand calculated 19.7 mpg with a more recent 275 tune and 21.5 with an older 275 tune (v2 I think), and this is highway of course. Mixed driving is about 15-16 usually. Most guys see 10-14 mpg towing depending on driving habits. That is towing with the 210, 210 TP, 250, and 275 tune. I see different things across the boards.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
I don't tow with my truck. But I have hand calculated 19.7 mpg with a more recent 275 tune and 21.5 with an older 275 tune (v2 I think), and this is highway of course. Mixed driving is about 15-16 usually. Most guys see 10-14 mpg towing depending on driving habits. That is towing with the 210, 210 TP, 250, and 275 tune. I see different things across the boards.
Damn thats good!

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts

:whs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts