Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Fasthog.com
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking tranny and head studs. I have 60k on truck lightly used and running great. Installing traction bars 4" DP and 3" cac pipe. Egr coming next then thinking more. I do a lot of winter driving to go snowmobiling and either highway or just DD to work. Possible to have tranny an be able to still plow an do all on a DD basis. Plowing is just my driveway, shop lot, and that's it nothing commercial and I'm only one every to use my truck.

Would be smarter to put plow on another truck so this one is ok or be ok w low tunes all winter an being easy.

Or mileage wise truck getting a little old. Save up an run truck another few years an mod next truck with less miles?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have plowed with my 6.0 for 5 years commercial on IDP race tune with no issues. And have towed all over the place on race tunes in my 6.4. I am still on the stock trans, which I am going to leave till it shows some sign of wear. I can't see there being any issue with a better trans. If your could not drive/ tow/ work the truck with mods. It would defeat the point of having a truck. The only downside to driving in the snow from that I have seen is how fast the power comes on and how touchy the throttle is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts